Sprocket Installed today!

reward69

Registered
What a difference a small change makes. I got my Vortex sprocket that I ordered installed today. I went with a 42 rear and left the stock alone. I really like the difference it made and the interstate is still livable, not too many RRR:S. I figured that I would do the rear and if I want more I would go the popular 16/42.

The next thing is a question??? I know I have read that you dont have to have one, but with the new pipes I am getting the low off idle hesitation. Not too bad but noticable. Would you go with a powercommander to help with this and make a little more power in the process???

How much did it kill your mileage and how high are your RPM at 80mph? Do you think it cut alot off your top end? I just picked up anew bike and am thinking of the same changes.
M

It only hurt milage about 2mpg or so and Im running about 4200 by the tach at 80. This was a subtle change that makes a good difference in excelleration. I think you will like it, and it leaves room for the 16 in the front if I feel like trying it. The most popular seems to be the 16/42 set up. This makes the bike want to weelie more in 1st and a little in second under power. With the stock height I dont know that I would go any lower ratios due to this. If you were to lower the bike it might be more livable.

I recently went with the 43 rear, revs a little high on the interstate, might switch back to stock.

Back