Stock 600's doing 9's??

I read it... and I dont buy it ted
wink.gif

I'm no expert with drag racing, but I know for a fact that a Stock 600 cant do quater mile in 9 sec! But then again... if someone wants to correct, please shoot
biggrin.gif

Wow, that is amazing! Even when they were bone stock (not lowered and no -1 sprocket) the Kaw still ran a 10.34 @ 132. Now I'm no expert on the subject but to me that is hella fast for a stock 600. Can't wait to see the 1000s.
wow.gif

Seems a little too fast for a 600, I mean you have to get up to what 145mph to do a sub 10sec 1/4mile, a 600 getting to 145mph fast
rock.gif
??

I don't deny they have great power to weight ratios, but 600s just don't pull hard a higher speeds.

Great times in 1/8mile, sure.....1/4mile I don't know
rock.gif

rock.gif

I would really like to know just how 'stock' the bikes were. Rickey Gadson or not.
Last year in the Busa vs ZX-12 shootout even Rickey bowed out to the guy that actually rode in the testing. He was half Rickeys size too. They were on bone stock bikes except for strapping them both down.

and with a +30 teeth on the back it will do 200+ but I don't consider it stock.
history was not made, history was fictionalized. good runs though

Might be splitting hairs, but wouldn't a gearing change be a deviation from "stock"?
That's what I was thinking.
Yeah, and how many bikes come lowered? I'm not going to say they didn't run those times, but I'll say that I highly doubt those will be typical times for production bikes from the showrooms with the same mods. Gadsen is a bad mofo on a bike, but this is just hard to believe...

Just thought of something. History will likely be made in this very thread, or one just like it. We're already seeing busa riders say "spray it and you don't have to worry about those pesky litres". Well, it shouldn't be long now before we see the first busa guy in history say... yep... "Just go big CC/turbo/NOS and you won't have to worry about those 600's anymore..."

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahahahaha...
crackup.gif

Ya know, I laughed when I thought about that, but it's actually sad that Zuk has let it come to this...
sad.gif

BT, come to what? I'd never wanna do 200 on a toy feeling 600. When it gets beat finally, busa will still be tops in 8 out of 10 catagorys
smile.gif
At some point, all the power is pointless without the weight to keep the front tire down, and rear planted. It's a physics thang.

Of course, the 600's would have to pass the 10R before they can pass a 'Busa......
wink.gif
(ducking for cover)

i thought we were talking 'stock' bike like from the factory. modded 600 cc ss in the 9 second range is no news but thanks for sharing.

BT, come to what?  I'd never wanna do 200 on a toy feeling 600.  When it gets beat finally, busa will still be tops in 8 out of 10 catagorys  
smile.gif
   At some point, all the power is pointless without the weight to keep the front tire down, and rear planted.  It's a physics thang.
Come to the king of the drag strip and street drags being beat by a bike with just over half the cc's...
tounge.gif

Back