stock ECU/injection system questions???

drums_till_I_die

Registered
ok not sure if the dyno section is the right thread to post this but i figuerd youd guys know better then anyone .....

i am not 100% on exactly how the electronic injection works on the busa .... but on cars and trucks i know the ecu and injection system can compinsate for diffint parts like better exahst and cold air intakes and differint performance parts .... without any electronic tuning .... inless you get inside the engine and want to change timing or add bigger cams then you have to break out the laptop and usb-to-odbII connection and tune it ...

so my question is can the stock injection/ecu on a 05' busa compinsate for things like a small air box mod , gutted cans , etc... etc..
rock.gif
? or will it just keep the same settings and run lean unless i get a power commander
rock.gif
? thanks for the advise !!!!!

,Justin

rock.gif

Justin,

The 08 has a O2 sensor running in closed loop making chages you are talking about.

the 99-07 models are set up basically with a RPM vs Throttle position map. They do you a couple of sensors to make minor changes but not to the level you are talking about.

You'll need a power commander or another tuning device on your 05. (there are methods to change the ECU but not yet widely used)

Back