Strange gas problem ?

OB_Dead-on-busa

Registered
Last night when I was on my way home going double up on my 99 stock Busa it died !
Then it would just fire up and die right away.
Fuel gauge showed top of red field, I have gone down until the light comes on earlier without any problem.
This happend when I was stuck in a traffic jam for about 45 minutes going 1-5 mph, temp gauge showed 3-4 mm over middle.
Opened fuel cap and shaked the bike, could hear there was some gas left but the bike would still not fire up.
Pushed it to a nearby gas station and filled it up, it swallowed no more then 14 litres, the tank holds 22 litres total....strange.
Push the startbutton and it fires up right away, runs like nothing happend.
It didnt take more than 10 minutes from bike dying til starting up again...anyone know what it could have been ??

TIA dob

i took my bike to the shop yesterday for that same thing. they just called me and told me they are ordering a new "sender", per suzuki. it won't be in for a week, then we will know if they diagnosed it right. there have been other posts about the same problem. others have torn their bike apart looking for the answer. i will my post my mechanics results next week, when my part comes in. they narrowed it down for sure to the sender or the fuel guage itself.

Hey Dead-On,

Had the same problem with my stock 99. Always when the gas guage was just above the red and only on hot days. However, even after filling mine would sometimes still not fire. I lifted the tank and found that one of the hoses was being bent when the tank was down. I repositioned it (not that I thought that was actually the problem) but strangely enough it hasn't happened since. Be interested to hear what you find out about this.

ride on

Back