Street vs. Race HP increase/weight loss for slips ons or full system

OB_CanuckBusa

Registered
Hi. I've received contradictory information on whether or not street slip ons, or a street 4-2-1 system, will in fact result in a significant HP increase (i.e., more than a few HP) for the Hayabusa. I recall talking to one guy who said street RS3 slipons resulted in more than a 10HP increase. My question is: Can anybody comment on the HP increases that are possible for any or all of the following: a) street slip ons, b) race slip ons, c) street 4-2-1, and; d) race 4-2-1? How about the weight reduction possible with each? If I can get similar performance increases with street hardware I would go that route. But if the difference is night and day between street and race I might be willing to put up with the extra attention the police give me over the noise the race system puts out...

CANUCK BUSA, Street / Race, why the dilema? Your bike came with a set of horsepower corks! If your going to spend some $, then, buy the most power (HP) you can afford. A quality stainless, 4-2-1, with a Carbon, or Titanium canister will help you lose about 20lbs....and gain close to 15 horse power.If you,ve got about $750.00 US there,s good stuff out there. I suggest, and prefer the TWO BROTHERS RACING full system over anything else! As far as cops go, well there is NO insurance against them. Good luck.

I just put the Akro full system on and lost about 20 lbs. I am dynoing tomorrow so I will pust the differance, I can tell a differance in the power.

Hi guys. I take it you all installed race pipes? Dyno Rick, my dilemma is twofold: 1) It could be cops are less understanding of race pipes up here in Canada, cause guys I know are getting stopped and hassled for disturbing the peace. 2) More importantly, I go on some longer sports touring trips, and I am wondering if the racket of a race pipe gets annoying on a long ride. Do you hear it much when cruising at regular highway speeds? (I expect everyone will hear it when I let it rip.) Any comments on this?

So I was wondering how much HP and dB I lose if I go with a quieter (street) system. Does anybody know? Then I can weigh the HP loss vs. the noise. If the HP loss is small, and the noise level is much lower, my decision is easy. But if the HP drop is big.... maybe I'll have to learn how to talk nice to the cops. Just trying to make an informed decision.

Oger, looking forward to the dyno numbers.

Back