T.R.E.

giopapy

Registered
A friends of mine owns a 2002 BUSA, he wants to buy a T.R.E.
which one works better? where is it possible to buy it?
THANKS

LINKS?
rock.gif

Hey maybe I can help out.

The atre is a fully programable Active Timing retard eliminator.  It works similar to all the others.  

The basic "TRE" is basically a reisister that tricks the ECU into thinking it's in a certain gear all the time thus ignoring the restriction red flag points.  So 1st thinks it's in 5th etc.  1,2, & 3rd gears get their restristed power back so at about 4500 rpm it should be smoother.  6th never gets limited because it thinks it's in 5th.  The only problem is that neutral thinks it's in 5th too.

The "ATRE" has little dip switches.

Programmable - user selectable option of which gears to re-map (Re-Map 1st & 2nd / 1st, 2nd & 3rd / 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th / All Gears)  

Programmable - user selectable option of which map to use (choose between 4th gear, 5th gear and 6th gear map)  
Overcomes the OEM speed limiter on 2001 Hayabusa's when set to 5th gear map

Untouched neutral map results in a smooth idle and cooler motor temps than simple TRE's

Visual Indicators - Power and Status  
Fail-Safe Mode - reverts to OEM settings  
Suzuki OEM connectors - no cutting of harness required  
Low current consumption - max. 60mA  
Over-Voltage and current protection  
Epoxy protection - humidity and vibration resistant  
Surface Mount Electronics used  
Small size, fits easily under body work - Dimensions: 74mm x 49.5mm x 25.4mm
Only a few minutes required for changing of settings - ideal for drag-strip
Installation time 20 minutes to 1 hour

It can be set to affect each gear as you choose.  SO: 1st, 2nd & 3rd can be set to 4th gear, 4th,5th & neutral will be left alone, and you can set 6th to 5th, 4th, or what ever you want.  You can change it at the drop of a switch.  

The ATRE is made by a board member here.  They are imported from S. Africa.  I have one and love it much more that the TRE I had before.  

I had Ivans Tre before.  It's a resister with a nicer case and stock OEM plugs on it to just plug n play.  The ATRE is sorta plug n play but needs 12V power as well.  Comes with everything needed.

You can find the ATRE below.  I might have an extra one at the house thats unopened if I remember right.  If not.  I can put in a request to the MAN.  Price wont be any different though.

ATRE Link

You can do a search on homeade "TRE" and probably make a basic one for $1.25.  You can find posts where someone made their own with a switch to flip it on/off.  All are about the same except the ATRE has much more options and does not affect neutral.  Pic below.

Pc160010b.jpg

Hope it helps.

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1073708789 -->

Icemann....... your the man!!

thats been the best t.r.e post I've seen yet! word for word just like it is
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|birdaprey
Reason for Edit: None given...|1073711145 -->

Hey ICEMANN you're great!!!!!!!!!
You must write a book!!!
thanks a lot I could not ask for more!!!

Anything I can do to help. Giopapy did you ever get my responces to your HID questions. If I remember your in Italy. I can/will ship to you if your still interested.

JD

Hey, ICE I got your response.
It was exaustive as TRE response.
I replyed by e-mail.
I'm still interested in HID but I gotta wait.
Money reasons.
I spent a lot of money during holidays ;)

Ivan now sells a 'smart' TRE which leaves neutral alone, quick and simple to fit......
http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/tre.htm

THE ATRE LINK ABOVE...........

Larry just got his shipment in for anyone interested you should be able to get it now.

JD

Back