Talked to a Gen 3 owner today

Bumblebee

Donating Member
Registered
Whilst out on wife induced errands today, I saw a fellow wearing a Hayabusa hat which depicted a Gen 3 on it....

I commented on his hat and how I liked it and he said it came with the bike so of course that set off an entirely new conversation.

He has a white gen 3 that he bought in the fall....he said he owned an '06 LE (white) and a '16......then I asked him if he used to work in base transport where he replied he did and then I told him how I once called him about his LE and he remembered the conversation and asked me if I ever got a Hayabusa so I showed him a picture and he admitted to seeing it around and how much he loved how it looked.

I asked him how the Gen 3 compared to his other bikes....he loved all of them equally, he likes the features of the Gen 3 but has decided to not modify it (for now) as it works and handles fine the way it is...he said his Gen 2 was faster but it had a tune, pipe and filter on it so not a fair comparison....

He also said his LE looked the nicest of all of them....he had red accents on his which really set it off.

He said he doesn't notice that the Gen 3 handles any better than his previous bikes and although on paper it says it's quicker, he said if it is, he probably wouldn't notice if it is a second faster.

He said when he had his Gen 1 he ran with a guy on a Gen 2 and it would slightly pull away from him but nothing drastic so he figures his Gen 3 would be similar

Then I asked him the million dollar question-is he a member here and he said although he used to lurk here for information on his other bikes, he doesn't like social media so won't be joining up.....too bad....

Back