The 12 and the Busa

OB_VegasDude

Registered
It goes to show that it is really tough to get to the top speed for 12,000 or a little less..........you have to hand it to suzuki they had a plan, they had something they were shooting for, all from the idea of a falcon. Kawasaki just had a number. You need more than a number, you need a dream. An Idea of the whole package and what it takes to get there. Suzuki knew from the start that they needed a 1300 cc engine and desiged the body after that. Maybe kawasaki already having the zx 10, 11, could not find it in it's heart to skip to the 13 after the busa came out. Maybe they should have went for the zx14 and then my friends you would have a motorcycle..............I have owned a zx11 and I loved it. But not like the busa. The busa takes hold of you. It becomes your only focus as far as motorcycles go. A lot of people are always waiting for the fastest thing to come along. Sometimes they wait on the sidelines and watching other people have fun and pride of ownership. THe other bike is gonna be faster. It comes along but then on the horizon comes another. So the waiting game goes on. Go buy the bike that trips your trigger and be damned with the best, fastest or whatever. You know what I enjoy most about motorcycles? Its the people and the friendships and the friendly rivalries that come up. You gotta have a bike to enjoy this...............I must admit I've been having fun but I want some of you waiting for the busa or the 12 to go out and buy what you think is the bike that turns you on, get off the sidelines and point the bike down the road and twist the throttle......................I'll see ya on the road.........................take care VegasDude.................

ALL I HAVE TO SAY TO THAT IS DITTO !!!!!!!!!!!

VegasDude if I don't have to work O.T. this weekend I would love to take a ride to Vagas and see some of the action. How long should it take me to go from Pheonix to Vegas?

Ride Safe, Roberto

on the busa about 5 hours. Watch for cops........................my email is davea@lvcm.com. I'll be leaving town on sunday................if you come in saturday nite we will go see the las vegas extremes perform. Ride your bike as I will be riding mine as well.............

[This message has been edited by VegasDude (edited 15 March 2000).]

Thanks Vegas,
I appreciate the offer! I visit my sister every year in Florida during the winter as I don't work for two and one half months so you never know,one day I will probably call you for that ride!......would love to ride out there.

Thanks again,
Wronglane

Thanks VegasDude,

Still don't know if I have to work this weekend but as soon as I find out I will let you know.
When I go I will be on my BUSA for sure.
Hope the weather is nice.

Ride Safe, Roberto

I too have owned 3 zx-11's over the years and I loved every one of them. I had one of the first in 1990 and man was I proud of that bike. I dont know what Kaw was thinking with the 12. If they had taken the 11 and upgraded the chassis and brakes---made it more modern and called it the zx-14, my kaw dealer would have had to call the cops to get me away from his shop. I would have been forcing money in his hand. The 12 just looks like a heavy zx-9. and I bet when the smoke clears the 9 will be a good run for the 12 in the quarter. It is going to take an above average rider to get past that short wheelbase for a good launch. My .02 or .03

OK Todd,one day,we'll hook up.Just watch out for me on backroads....I have been known to wind up in the wrong lane on one wheel(lol)! How far of a ride is Ohio from you? I may be going there for a Prostar race soon?

"You know what I enjoy most about motorcycles? Its the people and the friendships and the friendly rivalries that come up. You gotta have a bike to enjoy this...............I must admit I've been having fun"

VegasDude>>>>>I feel the same way.I will ride with anybody and every type of bike.Some of the members here seem to have hate for the "other" bikes and say they are junk,but I don't buy it.None of the big four make junk and to the contrary,they all make awesome bikes.This site has been quite boring for some time,so I must admit,I too am having a little fun and I hope I haven't offended anyone.
The Busa is an awesome bike and I believe the 12 will be too.I really will be dissapointed if the 12 does not beat the Busa in top speed by 3 mph when tested by the US magazines,but so what,in reality,I would only hit 180 on several occassions anyway.
In the last week,my decision has been made.I am going to put a turbo on my '93 FZR and have fun with it although I am not sure how crazy I will go with it since it will be used on the street and the strip.
I am buying the 12 at the end of the year even if it is not the top speed king.The bike just suits my needs better as I like dragracing and riding in the twisties.I like the seating position,the overall feel of the bike compared to the Busa and I think the bike looks mean and nasty,like a fighter jet.I will put braided lines on it,a pipe,one tooth down,change the rims,and that's it.If it makes 165 rwhp,I am sure I will go 9.70's.
Hopefully,I will get to meet,ride,and race with some of you sometime in the future.Life is too short and full of problems,so let's have fun together in a sport we all love.Buy what's best for you!

Wronglane you havent offended anyone.......made us laugh alot, but not offended........I mean that in a good way. Good for you!! You made a decision to buy the bike that you enjoy most and i'm glad. Get to vegas and I'll show you some awesome riding spots. If anyone asks which one is faster..........we both hit the throttle and head out for a long ride.........who cares........................................

[This message has been edited by VegasDude (edited 15 March 2000).]

Back