The end of POWER MAX

full

Registered
<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>first bike of the world with 200 CV</span>

big_ya10.jpg

big_ya11.jpg

VMAX2.jpg

<span style='font-family:Comic Sans Ms'><span style='color:red'>147,2 kW (200 ch) à 9 000 tr/min
166,8 Nm (17,0 kg-m) à 6 500 tr/min
</span></span>

That's fantastic with that power....now how WELL will the bike be able to apply it and will it actually surpass anything the busa and other sportbikes are doing?

0-180mph run would be interesting. Cycle world just did such a article with the ZX-10 doing it in 17.2 seconds, the 08 busa at 18 seconds, and a 750+rwhp Hennessey Twin Turbo Ford gt trailing them at 20 seconds. I Love Sportbikes.
laugh.gif

is that the air intake up on the side of the tank? and that hideous exhaust.... fugly but i'm sure the aftermarket for it will help it a little.

No way!!!!!!! shaft drive, no aerodynamics and it needs 1700cc's?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
? V4?
I agree about the end of the power-max. The new max has just ended many folks dreams of big power with the fact it weighs 200 more lbs than a busa with the same peak hp....a little more torque.....and a big ole' power sapping shaft drive. Its gonna be a big tuning fork turd compared to anything sportbike 750cc's and up. What a waste of potential
thumb_down.gif
It had wayy more hp and less weight in developement....oh well
whistling.gif

rock.gif

0-180mph run would be interesting. Cycle world just did such a article with the ZX-10 doing it in 17.2 seconds, the 08 busa at 18 seconds, and a 750+rwhp Hennessey Twin Turbo Ford gt trailing them at 20 seconds. I Love Sportbikes.  
laugh.gif
Wow! That surprises me. Thought the time would be reversed.

That thing has definitely been hit with the UGLY stick.

+ anything over 200kph on a naked is torture anyway

Looks cool! Can't wait til there's one around here so I can smoke it like it's chain (errr ... I mean driveshaft) came off.

Tgis should be an end to the DETUNING 2001 agreement where the big 4 agreed to limit, restrict there products to 186mph(300kms/hr). SUZUKI now should just remove all restrictions, build a sick 1500cc 1600cc busa and just blow everyone off the map!!!!
bowdown.gif
and show who is truly the king, this Vmax is nothing!!!!!!!! NO HOLDS BARRED NOW, taking no prisioners, comon Suzuki show them the whos KING!!!!!
lurk.gif

I have a previous generation V-Max, and personally I like this new one. Even if it can't compete with the Busa, who cares? It isn't a sport bike (neither was the original), it is a power cruiser. And in that catagory, nothing can touch it. Don't start trying to compare it to bikes it wasn't meant to be compared to. Instead compare it to a V-Rod (that even the original V-Max outruns).

I think the bike stands on its own... it is not a busa (was not meant to be) and the closest thing I can see is a B-king..

at almost 700lbs and only 4G of fuel, this bike is not built to travel either..

BUT as a bike of this genre.. I think it looks great! the "hulky street fighter" is a unique look to the machines and shaft drive is a good idea I feel.

Torque issues have long been resolved, it is not that less efficient than a chain and at $18G, I do not feel like I should have to babysit the chain anyway..

Full, the pictures are easily the best I have seen so far... where is this? (plus they loaded fast for a change)

This is IMO a "motorcyclists" bike as much as any other bike...(sans the designer Harley's)

It is a shame the $$$ is what it is but hey, you get what you pay for...

Back