The new guy has questions ??

MR Felt

Registered
Rather than post several posts that may only need one response, I saved a few up.

The first issue is tires..not what you think. The FZ1 that I have to sell has near new Pilot Road 2's on them. Same size as the Busa. I spent all of my wad on purchasing the bike, let alone tax and plates( 7% plus plates fees in Nebraska).
I don't have front and rear wheel stands to suspend the busa.
I do have jack stands, floor jack, bottle jack. I have a steel beam across the garage ceiling ( 11' up) that I had some thoughts about. How do I suspend the Busa for the tire swap? This is something I need to do this week.
----------------------------------------------------------------
While we're on the subject who can recommend a couple
of wheel stand models ( I don't need the best, but they can't be cheesy) , spools and frame sliders.
These are all over Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FRONT-REAR-SPOOL-MOTORCYCLE-WHEEL-LIFT-PADDOCK-STANDS-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5ad994cd1eQQitemZ390197464350QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories and I know Harbor Freight has theirs.
Can I get a spare key from somewhere other than the dealer? My Yamaha key cost $4.00 at Ace Hardware.
Can someone post some Pics of Heli-bars and or risers,
and touring windscreens. There isn't anything to hide behind in the rain.
How many miles are do you get out of brake shoes? With
3200 miles I need to know what to replace besides all of the fluids. I think the previous owner changed the oil twice.

What brand, model (size?) oil filters match.

We'll stop here for now.

Last edited:
I just went to a local locksmith and had about 4 extra keys for each of my two bikes made. They only ran me about $2 each, not necessary to purchase suzuki blanks. Just call up a locksmith and ask if they can make some. My extra keys say "gene" on them because the locksmith is Genes locksmith but as long as they work I don't really care what they say on them.

Brake pads - if they are not worn down to the wear indicators then leave them be and go ride. Life of them will depend on environment (desert sand eats them up fast out here) and use (trackdays will eat them up faster than city riding).

I like Kevlar brake pads, I use them on the Busa and the Harley. They are gentle on the rotors
and stop real well. I usually get mine off Ebay and they seem to work fine.

Back