Thermostat Mod

3rdbusa

Registered
<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:purple'>What exactly is the thermostat mod and what does it do?</span></span>

<!--EDIT|3rdbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118423448 -->

Are you talking about installing the Honda Accord (Car) thermostat? Heard that part number is TU197....

Does it drop the temp? If you get too carried away it may trip the FI light and set a hard code.

They run this set-up on big bores.... Just opens the flow of radiator fluid sooner than the stock set-up! The number that comes to mind is 81 degrees C; not sure if that info is good or not. Also, heard you can run a 22 PSI cap in lieu of the stock 18 PSI. I'm going to run dual fans on a switch with a water wetter......
smile.gif

right now the thermostat reads the water temp coming out of the radiator. I think what you're referring to is relocating the thermostat from that side of a radiator to inline with the hose on the other side of the bike reading the water temp coming out of the bike where it will be hotter. This enables the fan to come on sooner than normal. You would just put a bung plug where you took the sensor out of the radiator.

Contact motorhead at sh.org, he sells a relocation kit

right now the thermostat reads the water temp coming out of the radiator.  I think what you're referring to is relocating the thermostat from that side of a radiator to inline with the hose on the other side of the bike reading the water temp coming out of the bike where it will be hotter.  This enables the fan to come on sooner than normal.  You would just put a bung plug where you took the sensor out of the radiator.

Contact motorhead at sh.org, he sells a relocation kit
<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:purple'>Thanks for all the info!!
smile.gif
</span></span>

Back