Throttle Balancers

G

V.raptor

I looked up the Carbtune II. It reads OK, I sent an email to their sales guy asking some questions. Next week I may order one.

Thanx for the tip.

When I'm done I'll have the best dialed-in stock Busa in the world.

[This message has been edited by Lyle (edited 07 January 2000).]

I use a ProMotion set of sticks. Its less than $100 and works fine. Its only mercury in a tube with a restrictor.
This adjustment should be done for best perf. especially off idle.

Can anyone recommend a good Throttle Balancing tool besides the $177 Suzi tool that has little bouncing balls.

Thanx in advance guys.

Lyle, I have used carb stix for years. The mercury makes them a pain in the butt to transport or stow away.

I recently purchased the Suzuki set, expensive but so is any Snap On tool. This set can be stored away taking little space and no fear of children or animals being harmed by mercury.

Try one of the discount Suzuki warehouses.

I also have the Morgan CarbTune II. I have mercury stix also, and put the CarbTune up agains the stix and they are both dead on. I like the fact that I can stick the CarbTune in a toolbox. The Merc stix are a real ***** if you break one and have mercury rolling all over the garage floor...don't ask me how I know :-)

I use the Carbtune II from John Morgan in Belfast(www.carbtune.com). Cost was $89.05 US dollars. I got it within a week of order which was great. It is precalibrated at the factory so we depend on them to get it right. It worked fine for me and the Busa was a lot smoother and crisper when the throttle was cracked open. Before using it you have to install some supplied vacuum dampers in the rubber hoses(one time install) and I discovered that the supplied hoses were a little big for the Suzuki fittings so I had to add some smaller hose on the end to give a leak free fit-again a one time install. I would buy it again no question.

The regular carb sync tools work on fuel injected bikes? I've got the mercury sticks, and my bike idles like hell, but don't want to buy a whole new set of tools.

Back