To Brock mod or not to Brock mod?

OB_EZ2XLR8

Registered
Ronny,
Ducmanic from labusas.org has got the brock. He rides his bike daily for commuting. He swears by this mod as a must have. I've never heard him say one bad thing about it. And you should see what he does at the track.
EZ

there is no other way to go. brock mod all the way. carpenters mod still locks up prematurely. spend the money and you will be happy. you didnt go cheap when you bought the best bike on the market, so why go cheap now.

godzuk I use the brock mod with the carpenter spring it is a hard hit when you let it go but I don't want slipage.It takes awhile to get use to the heavy springs.

The clutch mod is a 'first' thing to do to a Busa. I haven't seen Carpenters version.
Yes the clutch pull is stiffer thanks to the shimmed springs.
I have noticed no effect on everyday riding.
There ain't no free lunch, but there is much value in this offering.

Us ethe brock mod and use the stock springs with no spacers and the clutch will be soft and will work fine with everyday use.
If you do want to go to the track just put the spacers in.

Ronny,

I have Brock's mod. Installed it after having the bike for two weeks. It makes the clutch what it should be. No more chatter, no abrupt engagement, or "banging". The spring spacers make the lever pull a little harder, nothing that bothers me on the street. At the track the feel and consistancy is very good. Like JC said, you could run it without the spring spacers if the lever bothers you.

I like the 16 tooth sprocket for all around riding. It lowers top speed in 6th to 187mph. It makes the bike more responsive, and you can use 6th gear more often around town.

Dave

[This message has been edited by DaveO (edited 17 April 2000).]

OK... I've read the previous posts and realize how good this mod is for the strip. I know of Brocks work. My question is does it make sense for everyday use? I love the bike but hate the clutch. Do you have to shim the springs with this mod? I really don't want a heavy clutch. I'll be doing an oil/filter change again soon and am considering getting the mod. I know JC always recommends soaking the plates in clean oil overnight, but that seems temporary. Gearing is too tall and I want to go to a 16t front sprocket also. Does going to the 16t improve the stock clutch feel too?

I was thinking of getting the Schintz kit, but instead of useing the spacers I would like to use his heavyduty spring kit.Is this a good idea ?

Maybe Carpenter mod. About 75 bucks compared to over 200 for the other. Havent had the brock but someone told me they do essentially the same thing. My clutch is much better now but still not perfect. At higher rpm 6 to 7k it shakes some. But its still not the grab and reach for the sky like the stock. I saw a brock mod owner who said his did the same thing. But like I say, I dont have the brock so I cant say for sure.
The carpenter consisted of a spacer to keep the back torque limiter from engaging and stiffer springs. Very simple to install. I guess its the Carpenter mod. Got it from "Tha Man" on Suzukis here in Tenn. John Bennit.

If you mod the clutch, I assume you lose the backslip capability. Does this have a negative effect on downshifts (result in rear wheel lock)?

I don't drag my bike. Just ride in the twisties when I can.

I have the brock mod and I dont do quarter mile, I drive it in the twisties and it works just fine. I like the clutch much better....................

Back