Tobin seat question

hkrauss

Registered
After reading many entries about the Tobin, most seem to be happy with it. But it looks to me like there's not much padding?? I'm a skinny guy without any padding on my rump so whenever I sit down on a folding chair I'm pretty much bone to metal. My stock seat is pretty comfy but I like the looks of the Tobin and the lowering effect. I'd appreciate some feedback. Thanks

Pay the extra and have the gel put in. Mine is just regular, but I would think that a tobin with gel would be that much better.

it goes by your weight & waist measurement. If your thin you'll get more. You can always ask for more. they make it anyway you want
beerchug.gif

I have the Tobin and barely push 160lbs. NEVER had a problem & I take l o n g trips.

I too have very little padding on my butt and pretty quickly develop pain with factory seats. My busa has the Suzuki gel seat which I find very comfortable. I believe it sells for about $130 although I would guess it to be about the same height as the factory seat. Good luck with your search!

I hate to bogard the thread but are there any big guys (250lbs +) out there with a Tobin or gel seat? My backside takes up about all of the room on the stock seat so i'm thinking that little lip on the Tobin seat would'nt be too comfy. Any opinions?

i'm 240 w/ a tobin. After about 2 hours i get a case of flat azz.
beerchug.gif
just lean forward to releave pressure.

(P-Willy @ Aug. 08 2007,17:02) I hate to bogard the thread but are there any big guys (250lbs +) out there with a Tobin or gel seat?  My backside takes up about all of the room on the stock seat so i'm thinking that little lip on the Tobin seat would'nt be too comfy.  Any opinions?
They base it also on waist size. they go up to a 42" I think be for the little lip thing is gone and you just get a regular looking seat from tobin.

Like new gel seat with 400 mile trip on it,$140 tyd in the usa.no waiting.

(JrGMan @ Aug. 07 2007,22:07) I too have very little padding on my butt and pretty quickly develop pain with factory seats. My busa has the Suzuki gel seat which I find very comfortable. I believe it sells for about $130 although I would guess it to be about the same height as the factory seat. Good luck with your search!
+1

Back