Topcase mounting.

goon

Registered
Has anyone mounted a topcase to the pillion seat subframe thereby not needing the slung out back tubular rack. Did this to my B king and my current Gsxs1000, doesnt look fantastic but keeps the weight on the bike over the wheel and not reliant on bolted lever points of stress. You lose the passenger seat but gain a large bumstop/backrest.

Has anyone mounted a topcase to the pillion seat subframe thereby not needing the slung out back tubular rack. Did this to my B king and my current Gsxs1000, doesnt look fantastic but keeps the weight on the bike over the wheel and not reliant on bolted lever points of stress. You lose the passenger seat but gain a large bumstop/backrest.
There is a thread somewhere...a member used the mounting system for the hump (or rear seat) and converted it to hold his top box....I looked but can't find it right now..

@RedBull maybe you can have more luck-the more eyes looking the better..

Found one...

Google images :) I have seen quiet a few . All though Nelson Rig big tail bag is 30 plus liters and looks better than a case on the seat .

Nelson bag on wife's GT Its a large 33 L expanded . I have the medium bag . 22 L Commuter Sport Motorcycle Tail/Seat Bag
But direct for trouble free lifetime warranty :)

Tiger on center stand.JPG

20200710_180830.jpg

There is no such animal that I know of.If I were doing it and wanted it solid and light and not to fugly (near impossible if you ask me) I would grab/or make an aluminum hump base plate from Tiger Racing or similar like...THIS..
Take the hump attachment plate...
tr.jpg

Bolt on to it a top case mounting plate from say Givi...

givi-M5_ml.jpg

Then pick one of the like 500 options for a case,like this...

case.jpg

The Givi case base plate could be skipped in favor of bolts,spacers,washers etc if desired,I just dreamed up something for you that would be simple to install...plug n' play if you will. Probable wouldn't have to drill more that 2 holes in the TR base plate.
It's all I got Bro...never seen a top case made specific for the application for you you speak,
Rubb.

I have this same set up that Early Bird made for me that I never got around to using. Need to dig it out and post it for sale.

View attachment 1628968

View attachment 1628969
That one looks better than the 56 liter coffin I mount on mine. Lol! I do like the extra storage to be able to put two helmets and lock it.
On a side note, hadn’t heard Earlybird’s name mentioned in a while. Lots of old members that have not been around in some time.

img_0257-jpg.jpg

this top case holder of tiny pipes for the gen2
is only for carrying very low loads - more than 8-10 kg incl. the case and the pipes surely will break after a while with loads.

this fuc...g situation i already had 4 times last 2 years.

no, this pipe-work is definitely not as stabil as should be - in my mind a mis-construcion.

what in deed is def. a super stabil construcion
is this case-holder-"base" for the gen1 (´99-´07)
gpt_05_209_100_b_1_xl.4639.jpg

but in this way unfortunatley not available for the gen2.

darn it - I've been thinking for a long time to take over this upper alu-part of the gen1 for the gen2 - all you really need to do is make the two brackets that are screwed to the rear frame from new steel.
the respective fastening point of the brackets on the rear frames appears to me to be very similar or almost identical in terms of its stability and structural design.

dears - what are you thinking about this my idea ?

Back