Trac top tree

xxx_busa

Registered
Has anyone added a trac tree? Also if you have, did you put the forks flush with the mount and how much did it lower the front end.

thanks mark

Big George did looks good too....it replaces both parts so flush the fork tops with the tree.the tree shouldn't lower it much like that.

Resurrecting this old thread rather than starting a new one! I have the Trac triple tree on my 'Busa and I was wondering a few things. A little back story....I bought the bike lowered with the Trac up front and 3 hole links in the center hole on the rear. I live in a valley surrounded by amazing twisty grades in every direction and I want some of my handling back.

1) My forks are flush with the top of the clamps. Does anyone know how much lower than stock that is?

2) Can the forks be moved lower than flush with the top of the triple tree, or is that unsafe due to losing clamping surface?

3) If I raise the rear to stock, or possibly +1", is that going to cause unsafe handling characteristics with the front being lowered? I know very little about suspension geometry.

I would like to avoid having to change back to a stock triple tree, even if I have to leave it the way it is and deal with going a tad slower in the corners. I also tried to raise the back to stock last night just to try it, but discovered I would need to modify either my links, or my bottom fairing bracket for that to be possible. Any input is appreciated! Thanks!

if anyone you know has a busa with a stock tree take a tape measure and measure from the bottom of the lower tree to the fork seal.

I'm 7 15/16 to the bottom of the top tube, and 8 5/16 to the bottom of the wiper seal. I'm guessing the 8 1/4 was to the bottom of the upper tube? Thank you for measuring! That means it's not too low then! I might have to get a pair of stock links.

Back