tranny locked up on 02 son of a #!**!!!

NIGHTFLIGHT

Banned
02 HAYABUSA that I sold one of my crew.
I raced the bike 3 seasons + he has racked off like 10,000 miles on it.

He mostly street rides it but does ride it hard (you know like this)

MVI_5447-1.flv - Video - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

HE is pulling tranny out and wants take entire motor off 2 inspect.

Going with after market tranny from orient express.

He should be ok he has built several dragbikes from ground up.
if he gets in a jam 2 my amigos i went school with
(what little school i attended) :rofl: 1 year high school:whistle:

own shops here in town factery autherized zuki mechs 1 specializez in hayabusa.

NOT OUT YET ANY GUESSES???hE WAS RIDING NORMAL WENT 1 TO SECOND STARTED MAKING HORRIBLE NOISE IN SECOND .HAD HECK OF A TIME GETTING IT HOME GOT IT IN 3RD SUCKER IS LOCKED MOTOR RUNS FINE TRANNY HAS GONE SOUR.Locked up tighter than mansons jail cell.

View attachment 1510832

View attachment 1510833

I WILL KNOW BYE 2MORROW EXACTLY WHAT BROKE ANY GUESSES???

View attachment 1510834

Twisted output shaft ? dont ever recall a shift fork siezing , in fact the only two trans issues are the 2nd gear and twisted shaft from too much hp ? be sides clutch wear not too much goes wrong

they did tell me of the trans posssibly locking up if i continued to ride it with a bad 2nd gear , so maybe rounded gear dawgs and bent shift fork gone too long ? but he should have noticed that a long time ago

He said it had been shifting funny 4 a while.

It was stuck in 2nd he managed to jam it in third to get home.

its a decent 02 I had billet front cog cover from motorhead blinged

ign cover from ape blinged+tiger racing belly pan dipped in bling bling
chrome chainguard airshifter with auto shift.pipe few other goodies.zero gravity shield.

I sold it 4 8grand it had 2,200 miles on it when i sold it.

Last edited:
I dont like double post but got it out.

Bent shift fork+gunsmoked 2nd gear engagment dogs cooked.

need inspect shats but think ok.

Im wondering did he hit airshift button while motor not running+dont want 2 confess it.

Good way 2 trash a shift fork.

Last edited:
I dont like double post but got it out.

Bent shift fork+gunsmoked 2nd gear engagment dogs cooked.

need inspect shats but think ok.

Im wondering did he hit airshift button while motor not running+dont want 2 confess it.

Good way 2 trash a shift fork.

That 'll do it, how many miles?
Oopps just read-2200

Last edited:
Hell, while it's open may be a good thing to add a Evo star shift mod. I've heard alot of good stuff about them,plan to add one myself shortly, you my want add one to your ride too, there was a group buy going on awhile back.

Kind of sounds like the same thing that happened to the sales manager, at the dealer I got my bike from. He said he was having issues with it shifting into 2'nd gear for like 2 months. Then one day he was getting ready to get on the highway, and just as he was getting ready to open it up it locked up on him. He said that if it would have done that 5 seconds later he would be dead.

That's some scarry $h!T right there !! What can you do when something like that happens, just hold on, and start praying, and fill your pants ??

Back