TRE anyone??

ok2eon

Registered
Hi guys,

I'll like to see if any of u guys are using <span style='color:red'>T</span>iming <span style='color:red'>R</span>etard <span style='color:red'>E</span>liminator?

Will it cause damage to busa or ECU?

Which brand is better?

Is there any issue to look out when buying this after-market product?

Thank you for enlightening...

Cheers,
Leon

<!--EDIT|ok2eon
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128592799 -->

Hi guys,

I'll like to see if any of u guys are using <span style='color:red'>T</span>iming <span style='color:red'>R</span>etarder <span style='color:red'>E</span>liminator?

Will it cause damage to busa or ECU?

Which brand is better?

Is there any issue to look out when buying this after-market product?

Thank you for enlightening...

Cheers,
Leon
As I understand it, the TRE is simply a resistor that is placed between the gear selection module and the ECU. The value of the resistor is selected to match the resistance that the ECU will see when in 5th gear whenever the selector is in 6th gear. Its purpose is to cause the ECU to never see 6th gear. The theory behind it is that when the bike is in 6th gear, it will limit your speed to 186mph and if it never sees 6th gear it will not limit the speed. Since it is a resistor placed on an input line to the ECU, I do not suspect or would expect that any damage to the ECU could occur. Some people even make their own but for the price I would get one already made.
Over the years since I know of a TRE I have read of people debating its effectiveness, some say that it works some that it does not and some even say that it smoothes the bike alltogether through the gears. I do not have the need to ever reach 186mph so I will never install one to find out myself but that is my take on it. I guess that I do not have the nuts to go that fast on two wheels
down.gif

my $0.02

The TRE as allready pointed out is "timing retard elimintator". Originally made for the 99-00 models to increase ETs and performance in lower gears using the 6th gear timing map. It's original intent was not to by pass the speed limiter but worked for the bypass on later models using a 5th gear timing map. Not all though, there were some issues with certian years, not sure on what years but it will not do any damage, it just might not work right.

What year your bike is makes a difference.

Since I don't own/didnt' own anything newer than 00 it didn't matter to me. My new bike(03) has a "smart TRE" with turbo and is not restricted.

<!--EDIT|Lota Fun R
Reason for Edit: "clarification"|1128589687 -->

Hi guys,

Correct me if I'm wrong...

I acturally read somewhere on the net stating that this TRE acturally tricks the ECU to believe that it is 1 gear lower...

So the "search"/"pickup" (between 1k to 4.4k RPM) will be faster and the bike can be "red-lined"...

Am I getting this facts right???

btw I'm new in this forum...
I just got myself a K5 busa...
smile.gif

Its a da*n good bike accept the pickup is abit lacking as compared to my ex-blackbird...

Please advice...
Thank you...

Cheers,
Leon

It makes the bike think it's in 5th gear all the time and the bike use the timing and fuel maps from 5th gear.

This is what I got from the net...

>>TRE (Timing Retard Eliminator)

Suzuki's late model fuel injected sportbikes have electronic circuitry which retards the ignition timing in the first three gears, which also reduces the horsepower. Simply plugging the TRE unit in will increase horspower and throttle response in the lower gears and will eliminate the hesitation / stumble, when you get off then back on the throttle. The TRE also eliminates the top speed limiter.

My main concern is the lag on pickup (between 1K to 4.4KRPM)...

So does this TRE helps???

I run one, but notice little difference on bottom end. Top end restriction is most definitely gone. Switchable is preferred.

This is what I got from the net...

>>TRE (Timing Retard Eliminator)

Suzuki's late model fuel injected sportbikes have electronic circuitry which retards the ignition timing in the first three gears, which also reduces the horsepower. Simply plugging the TRE unit in will increase horspower and throttle response in the lower gears and will eliminate the hesitation / stumble, when you get off then back on the throttle. The TRE also eliminates the top speed limiter.

My main concern is the lag on pickup (between 1K to 4.4KRPM)...

So does this TRE helps???
you always trust the internet don't you

<!--EDIT|Johnnycheese
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128613219 -->

The TRE as allready pointed out is "timing retard elimintator". Originally made for the 99-00 models to increase ETs and performance in lower gears using the 6th gear timing map. It's original intent was not to by pass the speed limiter but worked for the bypass on later models using a 5th gear timing map. Not all though, there were some issues with certian years, not sure on what years but it will not do any damage, it just might not work right.

What year your bike is makes a difference.

Since I don't own/didnt' own anything newer than 00 it didn't matter to me. My new bike(03) has a "smart TRE" with turbo and is not restricted.
Read.

ok...

so is there any guys riding a K5 busa out there using a TRE?

if yes whats e review...

thanks alot...

ok...

so is there any guys riding a K5 busa out there using a TRE?

if yes whats e review...

thanks alot...

Back