UK Riders change to max ou their Busa legally!

OB_DangerMouse

Registered
Good stuff Tangram - where's your stomping ground?

I'm gonna have to get those tyres fitted tomorrow!

£250 (tyres) + £60 (petrol there and back) + £26 (entry and run) - better hold back on the beers!

I've got a session booked at Dynospeed on their new 250, shame it's before this run - I'm sure I'm down on power.

Elvington Speed Weekend this weekend (July 1-2) it costs £20 to run (+6 quid to get in.)

This is a 2 mile straight on an airfield - a little like brunters.

07971-172210

The bad news - it's in north Yorks! and I need a new set of tyres before I can run.

Hmmmm, still tempted though.

Any takers?....

(culled from MCN)

North London, Dangermouse, so It's a hell of a hike for me. Looks like the weather is not going to play, so don't hold your breath on my account.

250 notes for the tyres, presumably your going for a full set? What sort of rubber ya going for?

Tangram

I just got 4600 hard miles out of a D207 sportsmax (190 50 ZR17)
Thought I would try a Pilot sport (190) got 250 miles on it so far, (£149 fitted incl VAT)

First impressions....
a bit wobbly until it had a few heat cycles in it,

harder to turn in than the D207

Rock steady at high speeds (about same as D207 and BT56), don't know yet though for prolonged high speed use

appears okay in wet, better than BT56 (although slicks are better than BT56!!)

no signs of any wear yet
Hope this helps

Anyone get the BT010's on yet??
Nuts

Wish i could make it this weekend, unfortunately its probably about 400 miles from me and...i think that rain has been forecast!!!

Numbnuts, how do u find the 190 pilot ?, ive got the 200 hi sport and its brill round bends.. i'd be interested in knowing whether the size difference really makes any noticeable difference?
(and no funny comments please about size not being important!)

mm1

As I said above, I have only had it for 250 miles, a bit wobbly to start with till a few heat cycles in it, now steady as a rock

I like it I think, just wondering if it will outlast the D207.
Only time will reveal. If its not raining this weekend I will probably put a few hundred on it, going to Royal Show next week, so thats another couple of hundred......I should have a fair idea soon!!

Nice tread pattern too!

Nuts

Tangram I run Pilot Sports (190 rear) - if I can get them I'm gonna try a set of Avon Azaro II Sports, they now do Busa spec Azaros (marked V300 for 300KMH, 196 MPH in real money)

The Azaros will cost about £180 fitted and the pilots £250+

The Pilots are fantastic - grip like mad and outlast the slipstones too.

The only thing stopping me going is I've got a (very) worn rear tyre, and I have a session booked on Dynospeeds shiny new Dynojet 250 to dial in my Power Commander next weekend, I don't want to fit new tyres only to have the rear ruined on the dyno!

P.S. I'm from North London too what a coincidence!

Brave man to mix tyres!

That's why you find turn in a little ponderous, Pilot Sports turn in much quicker than BT56s, and I suspect (looking at the profile) quicker than 207s too - unless you were running 207RRs.

Dangermouse, thanks for posting this one. I went, I saw, I ran the needle past (way past) the 200mph mark. It's a lying robot though! The man clocked me at only 184mph through the finish post. I only took one run, which was fantastic, but I'm going to have to wait till September to give it another serious go. The weather was bloody awful, though it stayed dry long enough for me to take my turn, so I was wearing water gear rather then leathers for the run up (3 Hours from North London) which did two jobs.... Kept me dry and blew out like a sail at speed, which slowed me down plenty. Next time I'll Know.

To you guys who drag, I take my hat off to you. I've never thought there was much skill involved in throwing your leg over a powerful machine and letting rip. How wrong am I? My pickup was OK, but I was being very careful of the clutch, as I didn't want to look a complete twat on my first visit. I'm sure you guys in the know can pull off much faster. My first gear to second was good, but I realised I hadn't got a proper grip, so I wasn't at full throttle. Adjusted grip and then changed and nailed it. Then ran into the limiter (DOH!) and changed, nailing it again. I think I did one more change (not sure 'cos everything had gone red and tunnel shaped by this time). Richard was on the sidelines and said that I sat up a fraction before I went through the lights too. I'm sure I can hear you old-timers groaning by now, and given the number of mistakes that I knew I made, let alone the ones I didn't know about, I'm actually quite pleased that I got to the other end of the strip. To all you guys like me who think that dragging is easy, think again. The strip was purportedly 2 miles long and in that time there are one hell of a lot of things to do and to get right!

At the point where I left, Bugabusa had just done a genuine 205mph through the lights. Congratulations, Richard. Can the man tune the beast, or can the man tune the beast! Damn sexy livery too. White and blue! I’ve got a picture and will post it on hayabusa.org.uk when I get my sh1t together.

Dangermouse, Numbnuts, the rest of ya! You gotta try this man. September is the next date, so get your best rubber scrubbed in and hot to trot.

[This message has been edited by Tangram (edited 02 July 2000).]

Back