UK which oil

OB_ON A BUS

Registered
Right, what oil are you using in the UK, Ive been using Putoline sintec 4+ since new, done 25,000 so far, must be pretty good, Heard that Mobil MX4T 10/40 full synthetic is the dogs, but cannot find it anywhere (not even sure if comes in 10/40 form), anyone in the UK know where it can be sourced? why the change I hear you ask, well its supposed to smoooooth the box which sounds good to me.
HELP. INPUT, MUCH APPRECIATED

I use mobil 1 racing at the moment. Have got my friendly auto factor looking into the MX4T business. Will get answer soon.

Nuts ;)

NumbNuts
Just been speaking to mobil UK, they have never heard of MX4T but do a product called Mobil 1 Racing 4T 15/50 which is purely for motorbikes, I think this is our version of MX4T. Triumph or Yamaha dealers should sell it or phone 0800 800 011 for your nearest stockist.
Any thoughts?

Thats the one I use. Get it from Flitwick M/c (Yamaha dealer). They have to put it in the bikes (all service books have a space for the sticker to go...you'll see if you buy it!!)

I use it, it is good, I like it, and what is left over after an oil change, goes into my Scottoiler and keeps my chain extremly friction free!!!!!

Have had the Fully synth. Motul in her, (trisynthetic or something) after changing back to Mobil, bike is so much better.

Will stick with it. It might be £32 per 4L, But, I think its worth it.

FYI..Mobil 1 fully synth for cars is available as 0W-30........

Nuts ;)

The one I use is Castrol Superbike R4 fully synthetic. I've not heard anything bad about it, and more to the point seems to work well.
Available from M&P and some good car accessory shops.

I refuse to compromise and only use spry crisp and dry for my rhino. If i am caught short then i will stoop to half a chip pan full of mazolla. It just isnt worth pinching pennies with these machines. you will pay for it in the long run!

Back