Warranty?

Fooligan

Registered
Just made a deal on an 04 LE
jump9.gif

Question: is the 3 year extended warranty worth getting for $630?

What kind of problems have you had with your Busas after 20,000 miles.

I ride year round here in S. FL (over 20,000 miles a year).

I talked the dealer down when I got my 03' last year, bought a 4 yr unlimited Suzuki warranty for $500. Glad I have it but the bike has yet to go back for ANY reason! I have never had a high performance toy that needs less massaging, it's wonderful. There good to have unless you plan on modifying the bike beyond pipe and PC. If you traditionally keep your toys, I'd go for it. If not, or if you see some heavy mods in the busas future, don't waste the money.

that many miles a year why not just get it to play it safe/i have 14 k on a02 bought new not a problem here!!

$630 is a bit high...I think I pd like $400 for mine...02...Had to replace output shaft and trans warranty covered it all...This was in the 2nd year of owning the bike...Yeah extended warranty is damn good insurance...
evil.gif

2002 with 42,000 MILES so far so good. But i DO have the Suzuki extended warranty.
$630.00 sounds alittle steep tho.

jump9.gif
 THIS IS MY 1,000TH POST !!!  
jump9.gif

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "!!!!! 1,000 !!!!!"|1089758704 -->

jump9.gif

I think thats the going rate for the extended warranty these days, I paid 600 for mine, last day of the first year of ownership. I actually bought it because A) I like the peace of mind and B) I thought I had some kinda oil burning issue which coulda been way $$$ to fix. Turns out I am not really burning oil, just was running a little rich.

Anyway, if you can afford it, I'd say buy it, but you have an entire year to think about it, so wait til you are ready or are in a better position to afford it (if thats an issue) if you arent sure.
smile.gif

Dealers will add in a profit on the warranty...And you can buy warranty from any dealer so shop around...
evil.gif

Yeah, that price is on the high side...I was quoted just over $400 for an extra 4 years...check around for pricing before you buy...
smile.gif

It's good to know that I don't have to purchase the warranty immediately. I get a pretty good "gut sense" about how a bike is going to hold up in the long run after I ride it for a few months.

I'll take y'all's advice: wait and shop around before buying the warranty. Thanks for the help.

<!--EDIT|Fooligan
Reason for Edit: None given...|1089810773 -->

Back