What bike cover do you guys prefer?

ajblbv

Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys,

So sadly, a large part of the time my bike will not be garaged, so I was wondering what covers you guys like? My old one I am not sure fits it too well, plus not faithful in it being too waterproof. But I heard I only want water resistant so moisture isnt trapped under it? Also preferably a cover I can throw in a bag and take with me for going somewhere. Do any of the sponsors have a good one? Thanks guys. Only sponsor one I saw is the pashnit dust cover thingie, but I want a full cover.

Nelson Rigg, fits like a glove. Size XL. Says, Its not just a bike on the front.

IMG004Small.jpg

I have a Honda branded cover for the 919 that seems to be really good quality. I used it for a few months before we got the house and it took very good care of the bike. I'm not sure who makes them, but maybe you could find out.

Most of the covers have vents in them to let the air flow through a little.

I wonder when somebody will make a GoreTex cover. Probably too expensive, but it would be neat.

Teds of course.... "pic please"

:rofl:

Geeza is the benchmark by which all are measured IMHO... Oh Ted?

I use the ones they sell at (Walmart). Lasts about a year or until my neighbors (6) cats pisses them out.$19.99.

Walmart sells a new brand of cover.They are black and on the box it shows a R1 half covered. I have the dust cover one for both my bikes and the sport cover fits the Busa perfect like it was made for it:thumbsup:.They also make it in a outside cover which is waterproof or water resistant.Not sure. Dust cover is around $20.00 I forget the price on the outdoor one. Hope this helps.

Looks like a good garage only cover but it would blow off in a motel parking lot. Just doesn't fit.

Product Features – High quality, lightweight travel cover
-Highly water resistant, Weatherguard Polyester with UV treating
-All seams double stitched with nylon thread
-Heat resistant thermo guard nylon on lower areas
-Cloth on windshield and fuel tank area to resist scratches
-Flow through ventilation prevents condensation
-Large heavy-duty grommets
-Matching duffel bag

...but yea,...my bike sleeps in the garage

Last edited:
can you rig up a tarp above the area the bike is most often stored? That would help the water issue.

I have always used an oversized, old but good cover. I love the nice covers but I think the mission is to protect the bike...including when you aren't there....from weather, exposure AND LOWLIFES. Older lacklusture covers do not say, "I'm beautiful and valuable". They usually don't even draw an eye...mine goes all the way down to the ground around the wheels. One time a bike was stolen RIGHT NEXT TO MINE in a motel parking lot. Mine looked like a frumpy brown bump....his looked like a trick exotic bike (at 3 am). Just my opinion and one time experience on the subject. Raydog

Back