What makes a truck look better?

Zoo

Registered
A ' busa on the back...

Just got back from my trip down to the Florida Keys. Packed the bike in the back of the truck to Orlando and then zoomed down on the bike to the keys for xmas. It was great riding weather....

truck_busa1.jpg

Is that an S10 or 1500, can't quite tell. How well do you like it (reliable, low maintenance, rides well, etc.)?

I want to start looking in the coming months when I finally begin cashflowing. I'm leaning towards Toyota, but open to anything right now.

Yep, that's cool.  The only way to make a truck look better than that would be to haul 2 Busas  
biggrin.gif

Nice rides. I hope I can find a decent truck for a deal soon. I hate my damned Maxima. It's paid for though. That's what I needed while building my house.
wink.gif

yep I'm almost thinking of retiring my jimmy 234k miles on it and getting a truck...then i can dump the trailer
biggrin.gif

i would recommend getting a full size truck. I like my truck and it has enough pickup to haul the bike but a bigger truck would be nice.

GO ahead and cop that F350 with dually's. Now that is my dream truck. I guess i have to settle with my expedition and trailer for now.... but if i hit the lotto.. Lookout Ford dealer cuz here i come!

NARC... Go Toyota if you want low maintenance costs! I have learned that lesson the hard way trying to buy "american."

Zoo... Awesome pic. I'm jealous!

maintenance costs have been low for me... just oil changes and routine stuff... its the plastic and electronic crap that breaks... and not to mention the service sucks and every Chevy dealership I have ever gone to... they fix one thing then break something else... and they ghetto rig other things just to get it fixed.... I have many horror stories about the service Chevy provides... but don't get me wrong the engine is rock solid... everything else sucks...

I wish BMW would make a truck.... because I would pay a few extra dollars for quality workmanship and great service...

Everyone says buy American... Well why buy American when the dealerships treat you like crap... I'm not going to buy crap just because it's American... I want quality and service... I couldn't give a crap is a union guy loses his job for making a crappy product...

Damn I sound pissed... I guess it was my time to vent regarding all of the BS I have dealt with when getting Chevy service....

It's funny because I always get compliments on the truck and they say Chevy has come a long way... my reply to me is yeah but the service hasn't come a long way....

My recommendation is buy full size... I guess pick your poison with the brand you buy...

I have a 94 GMC Z-71. I love the truck. I have sworn to stay away from Fords. Not to offend anyone but I have just had too many problems with them. I have the Z-71 for my work truck, use it for towing the boat, hauling firewood etc. I have a 91 Camaro I use for my primary transportation, almost 200,000 miles on it and no major work. My mechanic is freaking because he told me my transmission should have only lasted 80,000 miles. And I have a Chrysler Van which is what my wife drives. All three have trailer hitches (including my Camaro, it has a hidden hitch) and I have a trailer I built just for my busa. It is low to the ground and easy to load the Busa on and off and with all three vehicles having trailer hitches, I can take it anywhere anytime, even on those family trips, I can always hop on the bike to go to the "store" muah ha ha.

My point is, if you get a trailer for a couple of hundred dollars you can get any vehicle you want, just make sure it has a good engine and transmission for towing.

My second advice, and again this is just from my personal experience, if you are going to go with a truck, go with a Chevy or GMC.

Again, just my personal experience and with the vehicles I have had, I have had dodge trucks, Ford vans, Ford cars, ford trucks. Ok the only good ford I had was a full size Bronco, that was a fricken mule, I towed a broken down tow truck off a freeway one time, that was a kick.

Let me know if you want any pictures of my Camaro with the trailer on it. The hitch is hidden pretty well and unless something is hooked up to it, it is not easily seen.

Good luck

Ron

If you keep the Toyota long enough to come out of warranty,you will learn a new meaning of the term "high cost of maintenance"Parts alone for the imports are FAR more expensive than US,especially something major.Toyata is top dog of the import world and really does produce a well-made product,but nothing last forever.Plenty of imports rolled through our shop right alongside US vehicles.Japs have the corner on the market on bikes,of course.

ZR2's are most cool too.Strong 4.3,nice stance,31-10.50s stock.Good towing capacity for a downsized truck-even decent fuel economy.

You must have brought the bike out of the snow country in North Carolina. Nice ride, glad to see someone has gotten to ride recently. Nothing but snow here. As for me, Dodge Ram 4 X 4 quad cab. Great truck, with plenty of power, but kind of tall for getting the busa in the back. I'll have to get a trailer if I ever want to drag it out of the snow.

What the heck do ya need a truck for??? I guess they forgot to tell you the 'Busa
comes with its own propulsion. Bikes are for RIDING not for hauling. Sheeesh

Back