Wheels Installed

OB_jeffw

Registered
Finally after 7 months waiting on parts, I have both of my Techno wheels installed:
http://fatman.pro-libertate.com/~jeffw/assets/P0000487a.jpg

I also went to the scales to see how many pounds the "old girl" was:

498lb. with water/oil & 1/2 tank of fuel.

gas = 24.5lb
water = 5.1lb
oil = 7.5lb
---------------
37.1 lb

This makes my bike about 460.9 lb dry :)

[This message has been edited by jeffw (edited 01 November 1999).]

[This message has been edited by jeffw (edited 02 November 1999).]

Jeff congratulations on what must have seemed an eternity!

Nice rear Rotor, the wheels make the bike look a lot lighter.

[This message has been edited by KawAbuser (edited 30 October 1999).]

...!?You home already!? You faster than I thought! Hung out for more beverage and to bs with Ed the Gold Wing Guy...but my dogs were waiting...beat wife home!

jeff have you dynoed your bike if so what are your mods and rwhp? your bike looks very sharp and expensive with those wheels and ti exhaust! (and looks fast)

maniac

[This message has been edited by maniac marshall (edited 30 October 1999).]

I put it on the dyno @ the Brainerd AMA races but that's been quite a few changes ago. Then it was 160 with 2-Brothers slip-ons.

With the weight loss and my gearing, it runs like a bat-out-of-hell. I'll see if I can get one of the local Harley dealers to allow a "Jap" bike on his dyno.

So far the shock is doing just fine. I set sag and have been playing with compression a bit. The pavement has been cold here in Kansas, and I have not had much road time since the install.

Waltman, thanks for showing the "goldfish Busa."

Interesting to see the Texas fender eliminator after having installed the FSMD eliminator and hugger. One big difference; the Texas job leaves a bike hunk of plastic hanging down below the rounded fairing, exactly like stock. The FSMD job is much more minimalist, leaving only the rounded fairing part and tucking the tail-light in. Also, the licence bracket/turn indicators on the Texas job are unwieldy in comparison to the FSMD's flush-mount indicators.

The slip-ons...really fussy looking, like cheap jewellery. I think most Members here are form-follows-function people who don't shop at Tiffany's.

The brakes are interesting...very business-like. Larger diameter rotors for more leverage and swept area, looks like.

Dirty Pete,

Waltman's rotors (PFM) are the same size as stock. A bit less weight, a bit more stopping power, a bit more costly :)

OOPS...didn't realize that is Waltman's bike. I would have been a little more diplomatic about my opinion on the slip-ons.

Sorry if I offended, Waltman...the rest of the bike looks excellent to me.

Jeff, thanks for the clarification on the brakes/rotors. Your wheels are very sharp, what do they weigh compared to DyMags? Where did you get them? Do you mind saying what you paid for them? If they're more affordable than DyMags I'd be interested. Your exhaust looks real mean with the blued collector hanging out from behind the fairing.

[This message has been edited by Dirty Pete (edited 31 October 1999).]

Back