Where Speed sensor plug for speedohealer. Gen 2.

Gravestone

Registered
Hello everyone and greetings from Finland.
I noticed that my 2008 gen 2 speedometer is way off. I mean 14kmh off. And I will fix this with a Speedo healer however I do not know where the speed sensor wire is. Where the speedohealer goes between.
thank you for helping out and ride safe!

The speed sensor is the little black plastic thingy that bolts onto the sprocket cover. There is a connector lead on the wire coming from the speed sensor. I would assume you disconnect that lead and hook the Speedohealer male lead to the OEM female and the Speedohealer female lead to the OEM male lead. If the leads do not feel like they mate together nice and snug, I'd suggest wrapping the connections with electrical tape.

The pictures could be a lot better in the service manual but here it is.
Screen Shot 2021-06-06 at 8.35.27 PM.png

Moi! I do not speak Finnish but my grandfather who was half Finn did. I heard a lot of Toivo and Aino jokes growing up in my hometown but I suppose that's more of an American Finnish tradition than it is pure Finn. Great jokes though especially when told by a person who can speak a Yooper-Finn dialect.

Moi! I do not speak Finnish but my grandfather who was half Finn did. I heard a lot of Toivo and Aino jokes growing up in my hometown but I suppose that's more of an American Finnish tradition than it is pure Finn. Great jokes though especially when told by a person who can speak a Yooper-Finn dialect.
Hei vaan.
world is a small place eventually and nice to hear you have some Viking blood in you as well ;)
They are traditional to Finns I guess ;)
Cheers buddy.

The speed sensor is the little black plastic thingy that bolts onto the sprocket cover. There is a connector lead on the wire coming from the speed sensor. I would assume you disconnect that lead and hook the Speedohealer male lead to the OEM female and the Speedohealer female lead to the OEM male lead. If the leads do not feel like they mate together nice and snug, I'd suggest wrapping the connections with electrical tape.

The pictures could be a lot better in the service manual but here it is.
View attachment 1636248
Hello and thank you so much.
I am very happy for this reply you made. And the time you invested. This will help me tons. Did install speedohealer on my old Honda xx. It was pretty easy on that. Have no owners manuals or anything on this bike sadly so had no idea where to look for. Thank you kind sir.

Weird the messages came in the same time stamp. Responded to the picture on morning and second just now. Both have almost same time stamp. Oh well.

Well, how about that! Finlanders must be drawn to black and orange busas. Mine's a 2008. About 24000 km but runs as good as new. The gold wheels you have look really nice!
busa.06.20.jpg
'

Well, how about that! Finlanders must be drawn to black and orange busas. Mine's a 2008. About 24000 km but runs as good as new. The gold wheels you have look really nice!View attachment 1636318'

looks awesome! Where are your mirrors ? Are your rims original? Look nice tbh. Gold not so nice on a red/orange black bike. But just my opinion. Rather have black. Back wheel looks wide too. Nice bike.
got small squeal from front tire today. Yep. Bearing busted. No gravel sound but was a big movement side to side. It’s done.

@Gravestone I replaced the mirrors with mirror blocks and I have a bar end mirror on the left. That mod along with removing the bar ends takes off almost two and a half pounds. The wheels are original for the black/orange 2008 USA busa. I'm planning to get BST Rapid Tek carbon fiber wheels this summer.

Yep, that sounds like a bearing replacement to me. Shouldbe interesting. I've never done that before. You remove them with a slide hammer if I recall.

Back