Which front tire lift to buy

60+ Busa Rider

Donating Member
Registered
I’m thinking of buying a front tire lift for the purpose of cleaning the wheel and replacing the front tire when needed. I currently have a Baxley front tire chock and Pit Bull rear tire lift. Anyone prefer lifting from the fork bottoms or the center fork hole under the triple tree? Or should I spring for the Sky Lift? Thoughts? See my photo of my current setup.

059AB428-C544-46EA-9BAC-46618A85AB93.jpeg

I Hate fork leg lifts, they are unstable, and make it easy to knock a bike over.
They also aren't very useful, you can remove the wheel...great...and not much else.
Forklift stands that lift under the lower triple clamp are far superior.
As they allow you to remove the forks as well, and are much more stable.
I have no experience with the Abba Skylift, but it gets great reviews, including from members here.
I would like to have one.
I have had a Bursig stand for over a dozen years now, and used it on 3 different bikes(head stock pins need changed for different bikes), and it is excellent.
The bike comes on and off the Bursig in seconds(Skylift takes a few minutes).
Tire changes, suspension settings, and just moving the bike around the garage is so easy.
The suspension is also unloaded on the Bursig.
There are several good options, I just think fork leg stands aren't the best choice by far, but, to each their own.

20221222_160423.jpg

20230101_181132.jpg

I Hate fork leg lifts, they are unstable, and make it easy to knock a bike over.
They also aren't very useful, you can remove the wheel...great...and not much else.
I have no experience with the Abba Skylift, but it gets great reviews, including from members here.
I have had a Bursig stand for over a dozen years now, and used it on 3 different bikes(head stock pins need changed for different bikes), and it is excellent.
Tire changes, suspension settings, and just moving the bike around the garage is so easy.
There are several good options, I just think fork leg stands aren't the best choice by far, but, to each their own.

View attachment 1659811

View attachment 1659812
Thanks and I will take your advice and rule out the forklift as I don’t need my setup to be unstable. I’m now going to decide between the triple tree, Bursig and Skylift

View attachment 1659811

View attachment 1659812
I have the fork leg stand and the triple tree yoke stand....I use the fork leg stands most of the time as I like to have a load on the front suspension when it's stored.

I have never had any issues with stability using them....they have held up the front of many bikes as I have had them since the early 2000's.

I have the fork leg stand and the triple tree yoke stand....I use the fork leg stands most of the time as I like to have a load on the front suspension when it's stored.

I have never had any issues with stability using them....they have held up the front of many bikes as I have had them since the early 2000's.

Why do you want the suspension loaded during storage?

Last edited:
Why do you want the suspension loaded during storage?
Just so it matches the rear....LOL!

I was once told by an old mechanic years ago that it's better to load them than to hang them so I've always loaded them.

If it was sitting on the side stand in storage, it would be loaded....I guess a stand like a Bursig or similar would be the pinnacle of unloaded suspension and I've never heard of any negative effects from them.

I guess it's an old guy habit.

Just so it matches the rear....LOL!

I was once told by an old mechanic years ago that it's better to load them than to hang them so I've always loaded them.

If it was sitting on the side stand in storage, it would be loaded....I guess a stand like a Bursig or similar would be the pinnacle of unloaded suspension and I've never heard of any negative effects from them.

I guess it's an old guy habit.

You could've gave me 100 scientific reasons!
...but nothing beats "so it matches" and "it's an old guy habit"!
lmao

I have the Abba Front & Rear Package 2. Combines the Superbike Stand and Front Lift Arm. Ships direct for $315 (includes fitting kit and 8mm spool adaptor). I use it for detailing and general service. Easy one person operation - weight the rear foot peg and pull up on strap to get the front wheel off the ground. Very secure and stable once setup. Great quality, highly recommend.

Back