Wife gives the ok

24k05BusaRider

Registered
Always wanted to go turbo but something always comes up. While talking with the wife last night out of nowhere she said that I should go for the turbo. I'm not the type to just jump into something right away.

So far today I have read pages and pages on this site on this matter. Just have a few questions. Before I ask them I would tell you about my riding habits. I rarely ride. But when I do I go for some nice speedy runs and a little cruise. I will also be taking it to the track as well. So if need be I can always use the good gas :thumbsup:

1. Should I go with a spacer or no?

2.What would be best way to tune it, Or should this be up to the tuner to decide ( I was thinking the AEM FIC )

3. Any good tuners around Sarasota Fl

4. Am I missing anything that the kit does not come with?

5. What all should I get along with turbo kit?

Thanks in advance for every ones help.I know there's probably things I am missing.

Always wanted to go turbo but something always comes up. While talking with the wife last night out of nowhere she said that I should go for the turbo. I'm not the type to just jump into something right away.

So far today I have read pages and pages on this site on this matter. Just have a few questions. Before I ask them I would tell you about my riding habits. I rarely ride. But when I do I go for some nice speedy runs and a little cruise. I will also be taking it to the track as well. So if need be I can always use the good gas :thumbsup:

1. Should I go with a spacer or no?

2.What would be best way to tune it, Or should this be up to the tuner to decide ( I was thinking the AEM FIC )

3. Any good tuners around Sarasota Fl

4. Am I missing anything that the kit does not come with?

5. What all should I get along with turbo kit?

Thanks in advance for every ones help.I know there's probably things I am missing.
Thats nice of her :laugh: Did you put on a short tight skirt and cook her up something nice to show your appreciation? I hope so :thumbsup:

No Turbo here so I cant answer your questions,

But. Be carefull

Most wives I know and have had always have a trick up there sleeve when saying yeah go ahead, In the back of there mind there thinking hmmmmmmmmmmm, I can now get a new ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? :whistle:

But then again, Dont we do the same thing.

I think she wants the bathroom redone. :laugh: But at least I get to go turbo first.

I also forgot to ask what brand Depends works best.:rofl:

I think she wants the bathroom redone. :laugh: But at least I get to go turbo first.

I also forgot to ask what brand Depends works best.:rofl:

If I did do a spacer plate would It be good to put an 08 crank in.

Also do I need different injectors.

Last edited:
I believe if you put an 08 crank in with a spacer it will only lower your compression to 9.0:1. You would have to run a little less boost on pump fuel, but off boost would feel bettor.

When I bought my kit I just wanted to get enough to keep it safe for street and strip riding.I bought ape valve springs, a spacer plate, ape adj cam sprockets, ape high pressure oil pump gear, and a turbo xs 2-stage boost controller because I break all of the rules. Stock injectors work good, but higher than 10psi will cause fmu problems with the jacked up fuel pressure.Stock retainers work better than the titanium ones from what I've heard. Sarasota is close to Exotic cycle (941-360-3278), Chris Jones in Chiefland FL did my bike(352-490-8068).

Last edited:
well one thing is for sure the wife will never get her bathroom done because once you get a turbo, you will either be to busy riding every day/night to do the work, or you will have had already killed yourself and we will be reading a new thread from your wife!.....be carefull, in the end its cheaper to do NOS and not tell the wife...LOL
:poke:

Back