Witness to 12R dyno run!!!!

G

I just got in from bikeweek and although I have other news to post later, this is the most important I guess. As the AMI brute hp shootout was coming to a close one day I was waiting around to see a last few runs to see if anyone was going to knock me off the leader board(another story to come). Suprise to me and a few others a silver Canadian press 12R roles into the dyno area. I couldn't believe it. As I approached it, to verify what it was, sure enough it was a 12R. After strapping it to the dyno it proceeded to click off a 158.5 at the rear wheel and then went to 160.1 on the second pull. A few attempts at some tuning tricks resulted in less hp. Little did these people know I was watching this take place with Brock Davidson standing right next to me. His impression was it sounds about right for the hp but thought the bike will not be able to top the Busa in top speed! I will let you in on the other news I have later under the post "Witness to 12R part 2".

Thanks for some real factual data for a change instead of wishful thinking. This is where the tires hit the road and the BS talking walks. The REAL 12 is being revealed - or should I say EXPOSED?

Then they bolted on their pipe and got 170.
Seems like a tossup, torque should go to the 1300 easily.

Saw (very) probably the same Canadian (Ontario plates) ZX12R parked between paddock and the intrntl horseshoe during the 200 miler last Sunday amidst many other bikes there and only noticed it last moment. Surprised me quite a bit as I'd been off this board from March 5th until now because of my first time to DBW and thus was not yet aware of them being out there already.

Back