Woolich/power commander 5/6

Collidog

Registered
Hi there - first post.

Would appreciate some high level advice on the Woolich Log Box D-Can package. Does it come with an improved map/flash that can simply be used with everything else stock, just to improve over factory? Or is it only to be used with pro-tuners once installed?

My experience to date (on other bikes) has only been with installing a Power Commander to vastly improve over stock (with slip-on).

I can see, in the US at least that PCR6 is available for 2021+ bikes - should I source this instead?

I believe the Woolich set up allows fixing ISC (or whatever) for synchronising throttle bodies, which is of clear use.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Hi Collidog, welcome !

Woolich D-Can has a racing tuned map with it to flash your ECU, you can check their YouTube channel everything is explained : https://www.youtube.com/@WoolichRacing/videos

With PCR you only modify the Air/Fuel ratio, with Woolich D-Can you flash the whole ECU.

I chose Woolich with a local tuner, cheaper, cleaner, easier and better IMO than Power Commander.

Plenty of informations on Chris Moore's channel :

Cheers,

For now it seems that PCR has only one map available, the stock one (exhaust and intake)

1672236241259.png

Also those new power commander only allows very little adjustment of the air fuel curve. For those who are trying to tune for something special it doesn't work out so well.

I won't recommend a power commander to anyone. At one point they served a good use but with the ECU unlocks and all the factory ECU restrictions now in play they are past the recommended use or recommendation.

Thanks all for the very helpful replies

I use a PCR-5 to great effect on my 23 year old Honda FireBlade with Akra race can, but it seems clear that more is needed on modern machines.

I guess for now I am looking for an ‘off the shelf’ map/flash that will optimise my Gen3 with stock exhaust/intake (with/without Sprint filter) Similar to how it is done with the T800 UpMap device (which does not support Suzuki). Am I correct in thinking that the Woolich D-Can will provide this (basic) need with the obvious ability to do much more.

Thanks again

I’d suggest a bit more reading/research. You are better off paying a reputable local shop to tune your bike. That’s my opinion.

The log box has an SD Card and when combined with the wideband kit, captures engine data and stores it to that SD Card. The Bin file is the “unlocking” of the ECU and gives you access to the various maps and settings. You copy the data logged to the Log Box SD card and move it to your computer where you can then have that log processed by auto tune.

Purchasing the entire package from Woolich does not give you any “off the shelf” map. It gives you the access to these maps to tune yourself.

If you pay a local tuner, they buy Bin files in bulk, assign one Bin file to your ecu, then run the bike on the dyno and put their own wideband O2 sniffer in your exhaust and log data to their log box. Then they use auto tune to make changes to the Base Fuel Map in your bin file and everything else is up to their knowledge.

I don’t know what ‘ISC’ is as you commented but if you look at their bin file definition it tells you what maps are available with the bin file.

The days of bolting on any old part and making big gains are over. Just ask Brock Davison. Now it takes a clear understanding of how EFI and engines work. It’s not black magic though, you can learn.

Back