Yamaha VMAX

det45

Registered
This bike was posted on craigs list for 8k and the ad said it was in mint condition so I rode 30 miles to see this bike. When I got there the dude had the bike in the back of his truck. This bike looked like a rust bucket with a bald rear tire and damaged tail pipes from being dropped. I told the dude this is a piece of $hit and he wasted my time. Next time I won't be suckered by a picture posted in any ads. ALWAYS ASK QUESTIONS FIRST!!!!! By the way, this dude is on crack thinking he can get 8k for this bike in the condition it was in.

1 day old.JPG

Is that the picture you saw before you went to look at it? Says 2004 right on it. Red Flag?

why would you drive anywhere to see an $8k V-Max?

thats more than dealers are charging for these things, atleast around here.

Back in my V-Max days I traveled approx 500 miles a couple times only to find that some guys have a very distorted idea of what mint or showroom actually means. Wanted to slap both of em, I think some people just don't have a clue.

BTW....I have an 03 V-Max w/3K miles that is absoloutly mint and you can have it for a lot less than 8K.

I wasn't going to pay the dude 8k for his bike in any condition however if it was in mint condition I would have offered him 5k. He said it was in mint condition and I took his word for it. (Shame on me) however I didn't buy his bike. I wouldn't have given him 1k for his bike because it was a piece of $hit. (V-Max 2 Busa), PM me because I would like to check out your bike (Up to Date Pictures Please)

I wasn't going to pay the dude 8k for his bike in any condition however if it was in mint condition I would have offered him 5k. He said it was in mint condition and I took his word for it. (Shame on me) however I didn't buy his bike. I wouldn't have given him 1k for his bike because it was a piece of $hit. (V-Max 2 Busa), PM me because I would like to check out your bike (Up to Date Pictures Please)

you planned to cut him $3k....?

maybe you got what you deserved.....

I just sold my- 97(orig. owner) for 7k and he traveled 300 miles round trip,twice.
First to look, then to pick it up:laugh: It did take a year to sell though:whistle: Good luck with the search!:beerchug:

wildwood pics 039.jpg

wildwood pics 008.jpg

DSC00078.jpg

DSC00094.jpg

I looked at a chainsaw onetime for a spare "cut down the tree in my yard & don't need it anymore"...If that saw only cut one tree, it was the biggest redwood the earth has ever known, petrified, and sliced into 1/2 " discs the full length abd then cubed :laugh:

you planned to cut him $3k....?

maybe you got what you deserved.....

I agree with that...your not, not only in the same park...your not playing the
same game.

If I were selling my Busa for 7g and someone offered me 4...I'd slam the door
in his face, conversation over and I'd be pissed they wasted my time to
get up and answer the door. I wouldn't even entertain a second offer, WE'RE DONE.

Were you trying to make up for paying $15k for your Busa?:whistle::whistle:

(fiend44444, Were you trying to make up for paying $15k for your Busa?)

WTF... Cut me some slack brothers?????? I didn't buy the bike however, if this bike was in the condition that the picture showed I would have made an offer......:laugh:

Back