Your favorite photo..............This is mine

BUBBA

Foghoon Leghoon
Donating Member
Registered
The following picture is, what I believe, the best photograph that I have ever taken.
I know that most of you have a favorite pic that means a lot to you and can relate to the situation as to when it was taken.

I would like to ask you to post the one picture that you hold dear to you.

It does not have to be the picture of the year, or the most beautiful shot ever, just a simple photo of something that means a lot to you and give a brief reason as to why it means what it does.

The following picture is of my best friend. He is probably the exact opposite of me.
But I love him as a brother and the pic is of him on Kodiak Island while we where visiting. He and his wonderful wife moved to Alaska and we miss them so much.

Friendship is unconditional,

He is a Hunter
I am a Vegetarian
He is a smoker
I am not
He likes to fish
I do not
He will shoot an animal with a gun
I will only shoot one with a camera.

We have both been involved in each others raising of our children and think we have given them the best of all worlds.

This is a photo that may not be technically correct or beautiful, but it means a lot to me because I was there and know the background.
I know many of you know a lot of people and can call them friends, but I don't. And so that makes those that I do so special.

I have always said that a photo is a thumbprint in time and can never be duplicated.

It is also a part of me that I give to others, and that is what makes photography special.

When I post a picture here, I am giving a little of myself to you.

Thanks for the ear, and the eye,
Bubba

KEITH_2431.jpg

My best friends an riding buddies. But they are a lot more than that, they more than just friends they are family. They know an have seen me at my worst, I try real hard to keep all the negative an painful things inside an hidden from everyone including my family. I have let it slip away from me a few times an it's usually near them an they still call me a friend. I have to give thanks for my family an also for having met people like them.

I complain a lot an take way to many things for granted

Mom an Dad.....

Now I am starting to get choked up cause I was pissed I had to work from 7 am till 9pm today an realize I was lucky to have a day like today.

img_0056.jpg

img103-1.jpg

Last edited:
My best friends an riding buddies. But they are a lot more than that, they more than just friends they are family. They know an have seen me at my worst, I try real hard to keep all the negative an painful things inside an hidden from everyone including my family. I have let it slip away from me a few times an it's usually near them an they still call me a friend. I have to give thanks for my family an also for having met people like them.

You are right, they are more than just friends, they are really family. Thanks for reminding me of this.:beerchug:
Bubba

This is my favorite photo. It's of my youngest when he was 5. Not the best pic but there is just something I love about it.

Colt Morning Sun BW.jpg

The first 2 shots are just some of the many of my kids I adore. I ended up taking both and turning them in to "paintings" and all the grandparents have them hanging in their homes. Just love those tiny moments you capture if you're lucky...

The last one just sums up EVERY KID on Christmas morning :rofl: Sorry, couldn't just choose one...got 2 kids LOL

David_11months_beach12.JPG

SamBeach.JPG

EXCITEMENT.JPG

Last edited:
This photo was taken by Cap, I forgot my camera this trip. I think this photo captures my wife very well, I love her with all my heart. The second photo, me and the boys took this and emailed it to her last time she was in Venezuela. It was simply titled, Hugs.

Random 005.jpg

Hugs.jpg

haha some of them are great!

I forgot some parts in america you can ride around without any protection!...
mental...

and wtf does time go...just yesterday she said "daddy" for the first time!

Attachments

• haley1.bmp
    1.2 MB · Views: 389
My favorite changes day to day...

going through a few, this one I like.. 2 years ago at Eureka Springs, Don and I were riding and I spotted cords sticking out of his rear tire.. Figured our day was done and so may as well drop the bike off, get it replaced and call it a day...

The shop owner makes a smoking deal on the tires, and then throws Don the keys to HDetr (HD Eater) and we had an epic day of finding new roads all through the area.. We could not believe how lucky we were.. It was one of those "happy as a school girl" events.... fun bike, new roads, and great company..

DSC_0002.JPG

Last edited:
Sometimes they drive ya nuts, other times insane...

But most of the time, they have your heart in their bloody little hands..

PICT0118.jpg

Bubba I can't choose one...I have so many to pick from. As Mr. Bogus wrote my favorite photo today may be one I don't like tomorrow.

Slash all I see in your posts are red x's. I don't know why. There was another thread a few weeks ago in which I had the same issue. Some of the photos were not visible, others were. Not everyone had this problem.

Bubba I can't choose one...I have so many to pick from. As Mr. Bogus wrote my favorite photo today may be one I don't like tomorrow.

Slash all I see in your posts are red x's. I don't know why. There was another thread a few weeks ago in which I had the same issue. Some of the photos were not visible, others were. Not everyone had this problem.

strange...

Last edited:
This one was taken a few years ago (something like 5/6) and my son was fooling around whilst eating an orange. Something about the essence of the photo keeps it close to my heart.

DSC00001.JPG

Last edited:
i have so many..........and yeah she's a daddy's girl and has me wrapped around her finger.........lol

dsc_41120001.jpg

Right click on the "X" and click on "Show Picture"! Works for me! :beerchug:

This is a photo I treasure of me and my pal "GregBob"! We had finished two days of track time at Spokane Washington. What a fun way to spend time with your dearest friend. We were both whooped by the way!

StevenGreg7-12-09020.jpg

This is one of my most favorite photos. It makes me really appreciate life every time I view it!
Stoppie09-2.jpg

i think thats the first stoppie on a busa i have ever seen. i didnt think it was possible lol (not that im going to try it)

My fav right now, sent last sunday. mine's in the middle. I miss her.

leigh.jpg

Back