08 stage 2 Velocity finally here.

boosted

Registered
Before anyone say pics I'm going to bed and don't have time to load them up yet. With that said 427hp 19 lbs of boost. 289 tq ! I road my bike about 20 min. this afternoon and WOW!!!!! That special built gt 25 dual bb turbo ABSOLUTELY spools right up. I'm 3.5 in. over on the stock tire and blew it off in fifth gear.{003 ultra soft shinko on the way} I havent ridden a turbo bike in about 2 years and I almost forgot how insane they are. I'm at full boost by 5500 rpm. talk about a huge long torque curve! These people at Velocity know their stuff. This is the third kit I've had them do for me and as usual FIRST CLASS.

Nice need some vid forget pics lol
beerchug.gif
thumb_up.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

bs.gif
thumb_up.gif
no matter what you say you have been talking about this for months so no excuses wheres the pics

Those absolutely are the #'S. I will admit there probably was a little boost creep, but hey thats what the dyno spit out. More #'s: 6 lbs-249hp
8 lbs-296hp
no timing pulled 9.2 comp. water injection 08 motor with all the goodies{stock bore} Barry said not to run over 8 lbs on pump with this set up. Big pulls were made with c-16. 11.1-11.7 a/f ratio.

Those absolutely are the #'S. I will admit there probably was a little boost creep, but hey thats what the dyno spit out. More #'s:  6 lbs-249hp
                                            8 lbs-296hp
no timing pulled 9.2 comp. water injection 08 motor with all the goodies{stock bore} Barry said not to run over 8 lbs on pump with this set up. Big pulls were made with c-16. 11.1-11.7 a/f ratio.
every dyno is different. some are extremely optimistic other a little conservative. i would expect a dyno at a turbo shop to be on the optimistic side, you want to wow your customers and claim big #s. it doesn't matter what the #s are, all that matters is that you are happy with it when you are riding
ThumbsUp.gif

p.s. i am not claiming velocity is pumping up #s i am just stating the obvious fact that alot of shops do.

zzwhip.gif
AM -->
boosted @ Feb. 23 2008 said:
1307244[/ATTACH] AM]
Those absolutely are the #'S. I will admit there probably was a little boost creep, but hey thats what the dyno spit out. More #'s:  6 lbs-249hp
                                            8 lbs-296hp
every dyno is different. some are extremely optimistic other a little conservative. i would expect a dyno at a turbo shop to be on the optimistic side, you want to wow your customers and claim big #s. it doesn't matter what the #s are, all that matters is that you are happy with it when you are riding
ThumbsUp.gif

p.s.  i am not claiming velocity is pumping up #s i am just stating the obvious fact that alot of shops do.
Brian your absolutely right that shops do pump up their #'s. With that said I remember what my 02 busa with this same set up made. These #'s were inflated because the 08 engine loves "BOOST". Bettor head, 40cc's increase, more lift on the cams, bettor fuel management, more efficient injectors, and a few more things Barry tried to explain to me. Having the first 08 stage 2 turbo He basically had to add 16% more fuel across the board. Then tweak here and there. He told me his race bike was the same way. Had to run 4-5 lbs less boost than his 07 because of to much power. So I would like to think the 08 busa is going to rewrite the horsepower #'s for everyone.

zzwhip.gif

guys, having trouble posting pics. of my 08 turbo bike. can anyone help? When i hit browse, i can find the pics, but it won't post them. i tried copying the pics to "my documents" (this works when i e mail), but it wont post the pic from here either. i even tried the old copy & paste method. HELP!

at 400+ hp...you sure its a 25 and not a 35 or 40? Just seems high for a 25. Standard "old" kit, you had to move up to the 35r to make over 400 hp...25 choked at like 350 ish.

249 at 6 pounds and 296 at 8 pounds, that's amazing. You are making 23hp per pound of boost. So if I am adding correctly at 19 pounds of boost you should be making 505hp based on your 296 at 8 pounds.

I was in the 240 range at 6 pounds on mine but I think your numbers are off from there. Mine makes about 8 or 9hp per pound and the highest I have ever heard per pound is in the 11 to 12hp range but maybe they are doing something tricky no one else knows about,,,lol.

None of it matters as long as it puts a smile on your face and you don't put it in a dyno shootout somewhere else and you end up frowning,
smile.gif

Where are those pics ;)

249 at 6 pounds and 296 at 8 pounds, that's amazing. You are making 23hp per pound of boost. So if I am adding correctly at 19 pounds of boost you should be making 505hp based on your 296 at 8 pounds.

I was in the 240 range at 6 pounds on mine but I think your numbers are off from there. Mine makes about 8 or 9hp per pound and the highest I have ever heard per pound is in the 11 to 12hp range but maybe they are doing something tricky no one else knows about,,,lol.

None of it matters as long as it puts a smile on your face and you don't put it in a dyno shootout somewhere else and you end up frowning,
smile.gif

Where are those pics ;)
boost is not really incremental. Ballpark maybe, but not exact.

at 400+ hp...you sure its a 25 and not a 35 or 40? Just seems high for a 25. Standard "old" kit, you had to move up to the 35r to make over 400 hp...25 choked at like 350 ish.
NOT TRUE my old kit{stage 2 velocity} made 403hp the new 08 motor is much more efficient. It's definitely a 25 but with some mods done to it. Barry opened the inlet, and a few other things I did not understand. I've had a 35r also so I know the difference. This is the first stage 2 installed by anyone on the 08 and the #'s really impressed Barry as well.

Back