08 stage 2 Velocity finally here.

Of course
smile.gif
you are correct. Sometimes I am not sure where the ballpark is,,,lol.

boost vs hp gains depends on a lot of factors.. by its very nature it is an object of diminishing returns. the first .5 bar is good for about a 50% increase in torque. It is easily the most effective pressure to power increase. I will have to dig through some old sheets I have but I think the best we did at 1 bar (14psi) was about 80% increase in power with an intercooler.

From there you have to start taking into account charge air temps, compressor maps, exhaust pressure and a few other power robbing issues.

Most turbo design shops can give you probably within 10% what your total output will be at any given level with a "given" setup.

Intercoolers are a big help as it reduces charge air temps, they also reduce boost pressures over noncooled models and so it is many cases feasible to "boost" the pressures again resulting in the same boost pressure and make more power (air density) We ran in excess of 50 Psi at Denver.. (would lift the heads at sea level)

249 at 6 pounds and 296 at 8 pounds, that's amazing. You are making 23hp per pound of boost. So if I am adding correctly at 19 pounds of boost you should be making 505hp based on your 296 at 8 pounds.

I was in the 240 range at 6 pounds on mine but I think your numbers are off from there. Mine makes about 8 or 9hp per pound and the highest I have ever heard per pound is in the 11 to 12hp range but maybe they are doing something tricky no one else knows about,,,lol.

None of it matters as long as it puts a smile on your face and you don't put it in a dyno shootout somewhere else and you end up frowning,
smile.gif

Where are those pics ;)
Those caculations would be correct if my turbo was a big 35 or something, but this smaller one becomes less efficient the higher you turn up the boost. The turbo starts running out of steam up high but that instant spoolup is so great on the street. I'll have Lee dyno this bike later in the spring and I would also be interested to see a difference if any. AS FAR AS PICS. GO AS SOON AS I FIGURE OUT HOW THEY WILL COME I PROMISE. My wife and I are really scratching our headson this. PM ME IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS.
banghead.gif

at 400+ hp...you sure its a 25 and not a 35 or 40? Just seems high for a 25. Standard "old" kit, you had to move up to the 35r to make over 400 hp...25 choked at like 350 ish.
NOT TRUE my old kit{stage 2 velocity} made 403hp the new 08 motor is much more efficient. It's definitely a 25 but with some mods done to it. Barry opened the inlet, and a few other things I did not understand. I've had a 35r also so I know the difference. This is the first stage 2 installed by anyone on the 08 and the #'s really impressed Barry as well.
you made 403 hp with the 25r that came with the stage 2 kit in unmodded form and not the BB upgrade?
wowold.gif

Strange, because their "chief installer" when the kits were in full roll (SuperKaos) posted info directly from Barry stating the stage 1 28 was capable of more max power than the 25 in the stage 2 kit...they used the 25 because they liked how it spooled. That's how it was explained to me anyway.

I had a stage 2 kit...made 290ish hp on the bike I bought.

There is a "compromise" you have to make on turbo setups.. tighter housings spool faster, make power quicker but have less gross power.. (really better for the street IMO) or you can go for the big dyno numbers.. (slower to spool but better air density)

This is where you need good compressor maps to determine which turbo you want to start with..

Back