Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

190-50 and 190-55

My bike is stretched 6 inches and I was running a 50. Went to a 55 three months ago and instantly I could tell a HUGE difference in the way it handled. I mean I was able to whip this bike like never before. I love how it feels, but hate how it looks. I am chromed out and the back wheel is ugly to me now. I am putting a new 50 on this week. I live in DFW so its mostly highway for me anyway.

My bike is stretched 6 inches and I was running a 50. Went to a 55 three months ago and instantly I could tell a HUGE difference in the way it handled. I mean I was able to whip this bike like never before. I love how it feels, but hate how it looks. I am chromed out and the back wheel is ugly to me now. I am putting a new 50 on this week. I live in DFW so its mostly highway for me anyway.

I live in the dfw area as well :thumbsup:

hi guys, good to find this topic , cause I really want to put on my Busa an 190/55/17 rear tyre and there are a lot of opinions out there from guys that they don't own a Busa or even a sport bike . So for my understanding (I bought my Busa 2 months ago) there is no problem whatsoever in puting a 190/55/17 rear tyre .
I had an R1 for past 10 years and i only had rear tyres 190/55/17 and with Busa (a very different bike) i kind of feel it hard on corners and i was thinking that maybe it is also because of the rear tyre height is 50 instead of 55 so why not giving a try with an 190/55/17 ... also i feelbetter with Dunlop GP Racer Tyres and the new GP Racer D212 comes only one size in height and that's 55 .

hi guys, good to find this topic , cause I really want to put on my Busa an 190/55/17 rear tyre and there are a lot of opinions out there from guys that they don't own a Busa or even a sport bike . So for my understanding (I bought my Busa 2 months ago) there is no problem whatsoever in puting a 190/55/17 rear tyre .
I had an R1 for past 10 years and i only had rear tyres 190/55/17 and with Busa (a very different bike) i kind of feel it hard on corners and i was thinking that maybe it is also because of the rear tyre height is 50 instead of 55 so why not giving a try with an 190/55/17 ... also i feelbetter with Dunlop GP Racer Tyres and the new GP Racer D212 comes only one size in height and that's 55 .

You can do it. The only downside is what's been stated in this thread already: faster wearing of the tire's crown. A 55 will square off sooner than a 50, but that still means you get something like 4,000 mi (on my Dunlop Q3+) before the crown starts squaring off - more mileage than that if you stay away from long, straight (freeway) rides. Plenty of upsides - handling. Buy it! You should feel the difference (falling into a corner) with your first ride on the 55.

You can also read this - related:

You can do it. The only downside is what's been stated in this thread already: faster wearing of the tire's crown. A 55 will square off sooner than a 50, but that still means you get something like 4,000 mi (on my Dunlop Q3+) before the crown starts squaring off - more mileage than that if you stay away from long, straight (freeway) rides. Plenty of upsides - handling. Buy it! You should feel the difference (falling into a corner) with your first ride on the 55.

You can also read this - related:
Hi I am looking in to a 190/60/17.

I find a 190/55, 190/60 or 200/55 stay round (or at least shaped more like a new tire) longer for me. They stay high in the center longer than a 190/50. I do a lot of twisties so maybe I get a little more side wear than some busa owners.

A taller, pointier centered tire sure does make the bike tip in easier and I feel more confident on a larger contact patch. It's still such a big bike, it's never going to handle like your R1, I'm sure. It sure feels excellent in a corner for how big of a bike it is though. On the street, I use slicks designed for cold tracks and no tire warmers. Zero problems. The rubber will roll up the edges on a hot day and I've never experienced a cold tear. Of course, I'm careful to warm them up before cornering hard and I avoid rain and dusty conditions.

Top Bottom