2024 Pashnit Touring on a Hayabusa

DSC05215.jpg

Mark, Randy & Mike
DSC05217-K3.jpg

Table for 16 please

DSC05213-X.jpg

Last edited:
There's no such thing as a cold rider, only an unprepared rider.

The tiny town of Parkfield in the Coast Range held a surprise. Frost covered the bikes with temps a wee bit above 30 degrees. Multiple exhaust pipes bellowed in thick clouds of steam as the riders layered up and geared up for cold weather riding. Heated grips & heated vest help a lot. They pay for themselves the first time you use them.

And the six layers I was wearing. Crispy morning indeed. It doesn't last, and within a hour, temps had risen quickly with the blue skies and sun coming up.

DSC05222.jpg

DSC05223.jpg

DSC05231.jpg

Bitterwater Rd is one of my favorite roads, which isn't saying much since I get asked that question a lot. Simple things like middle of nowhere, remote, & zero people always score high on the list.

Plus a photo of my first '00 Hayabusa on this road taken in 2006 for many years was the lead cover photo for the Pashnit.com California Motorcycle Roads site. Stared at that photo for years & years every time I logged onto Pashnit.com.

IMG_1766-2.jpg

So, no one’s heard of these?

Terry, I was a dealer for Geza Covers for many years and sold quite a few of them to members on this site. But I don't carry a cover hardly ever. It's one more thing to pack and there is limited space inside the Givi top case. The space the rain suit occupies could also be used for a Geza cover but hard to squeeze in both and there was rain predicted for this ride so I carried the rain suit. Geza is a great product and they've been around a long, long time. Back when I ran with 50L soft saddlebags, I had a lot more cargo space then my present day setup.

DSC03156.jpg

DSC03159.jpg

Img_9610_900.jpg

Img_0133_Geza_800.jpg

Still makes for an interesting story though. :laugh: Remember that time when...

DSC03188.JPG

Back