40k air filter

SunDevilNorm

Registered
I told my buddy from work with a gen2 bumble bee busa that I changed my air filter and oil at 10k after 2500 miles. He mentioned that he had NEVER changed his air filter since he got the bike 40k miles ago.. I was like whaat! He had no idea how to do it so I offered to help. The gen 3 takes more time to remove the covers..
His replacement was a gen 3 filter so I doused his old one in cleaner fluid repeatedly and blew it out with compressor

First shot is his.. 2nd is my gej3 after 2600 miles

20240416_171301.jpg

20240414_173741.jpg

Wow. At least you got him to change it. Are the red filters OEM? The Gen2 I just bought has what appears to be a brand new filter that is that color red. I prefer OEM to any aftermarket filter for a street bike so it would be good to know mine is OEM.

Wow. At least you got him to change it. Are the red filters OEM? The Gen2 I just bought has what appears to be a brand new filter that is that color red. I prefer OEM to any aftermarket filter for a street bike so it would be good to know mine is OEM.
Yes he bough the oem replacement for a gen3 for his Gen2. So I cleaned the old one as best I could to get him home and told him to order the right one. I replaced my oem filter with an aftermarket bnc reusable which dropped in perfectly

Back