Best headset for Shoei

I sometimes cruise along with the wife, there for I recently bought two Shoei helmets to fit the Sena SLR mesh neatly into them. The system is specially made for the Shoei Neotec 2 and the GT air 2. It was a considerable investment and I didn't want to mess with external systems that would make the helmets no longer fit in my side cases of my GSXS 1000 GT.
Although I don't know if the Sena SLR mesh with Harman Kardon sound is worth the extra price compared to the SLR 2.
And whether the system is user-friendly I'm still finding out, so far the voice commands are useful. Also in combination with my iPhone and Siri, although Siri doesn't always understand what I mean. You can also use GPS apps with it, useful for flash notifications.
And when I'm out with the motorcycle club, I sometimes dare to listen to music, so that's a bonus and the woman insisted that the system could do this, so she would no longer have to put in earphones.
And yes I have to listen to my wife… who doesn’t, is a liar!

Last edited:
I sometimes cruise along with the wife, there for I recently bought two Shoei helmets to fit the Sena SLR mesh neatly into them. The system is specially made for the Shoei Neotec 2 and the GT air 2. It was a considerable investment and I didn't want to mess with external systems that would make the helmets no longer fit in my side cases of my GSXS 1000 GT.
Although I don't know if the Sena SLR mesh with Harman Kardon sound is worth the extra price compared to the SLR 2.
And whether the system is user-friendly I'm still finding out, so far the voice commands are useful. Also in combination with my iPhone and Siri, although Siri doesn't always understand what I mean. You can also use GPS apps with it, useful for flash notifications.
And when I'm out with the motorcycle club, I sometimes dare to listen to music, so that's a bonus and the woman insisted that the system could do this, so she would no longer have to put in earphones.
And yes I have to listen to my wife… who doesn’t, is a liar!
Did the same with 2 GT air 2 helmets. The SRL mesh looks clean and the battery life is great. I only use Siri voce commands when calling, when requesting navigation locations or when starting/stopping music. All other voice commands are done with "hey Sena" . volume up and and next song work great. Linking the 2 helmets to play music and communicate simultaneously was tricky but I could have read the manual to make this easier. When calling Ive been told that that they didn't know I was on a bike as the noise cancelling is great. I just wish the GT air 2 was a little bit better on overall wind noise.

Did the same with 2 GT air 2 helmets. The SRL mesh looks clean and the battery life is great. I only use Siri voce commands when calling, when requesting navigation locations or when starting/stopping music. All other voice commands are done with "hey Sena" . volume up and and next song work great. Linking the 2 helmets to play music and communicate simultaneously was tricky but I could have read the manual to make this easier. When calling Ive been told that that they didn't know I was on a bike as the noise cancelling is great. I just wish the GT air 2 was a little bit better on overall wind noise.
Exactly.
I always ride with soft earplugs and that helps reducing the wind noise a lot, but keeps the noise from the mesh intact.

Exactly.
I always ride with soft earplugs and that helps reducing the wind noise a lot, but keeps the noise from the mesh intact.
I will have to try this. This is my 3rd GT air 2. First one I bought was a medium and hurt my ears. Then the one for my wife and the new large for me…. This was an expensive learning curve and one that I thought I had figured out at the shop before purchasing…. Just goes to show, regardless of that few mins you try one on at the shop, nothing will compare those 2-3 hour rides where it is paramount to have a comfortable lid. With the first 2 rides on the medium I was telling myself I just have to wait for the helmet to break in…. Then I had a trip planned that was gonna be 2 hours 1 way….. I decided I couldn’t subject myself to the pain for that long and bought a large to see if it would work better. Glad I did and the medium gets passed on to my kid.

I will have to try this. This is my 3rd GT air 2. First one I bought was a medium and hurt my ears. Then the one for my wife and the new large for me…. This was an expensive learning curve and one that I thought I had figured out at the shop before purchasing…. Just goes to show, regardless of that few mins you try one on at the shop, nothing will compare those 2-3 hour rides where it is paramount to have a comfortable lid. With the first 2 rides on the medium I was telling myself I just have to wait for the helmet to break in…. Then I had a trip planned that was gonna be 2 hours 1 way….. I decided I couldn’t subject myself to the pain for that long and bought a large to see if it would work better. Glad I did and the medium gets passed on to my kid.
Choosing the right helmet is indeed quite a task. It should tighten but should not hurt. And sometimes this can differ from brand to brand. A helmet will settle a bit, but not to the extent that gloves or a leather suit does.
For me, a Shoei fits like a glove. My wife could not tolerate the GT AIR 2 in size S, but she could tolerate a Neotec2 in size S. It's quit a bit of money and that must be good in one go, so we took our time in the store. Uh… but not with the helmets on for hours :laugh:

Good that you were able to pass the helmet on to your child. Hopefully he/she doesn't grow out of it too quickly.
Hopefully you will soon find the right combination to fully enjoy your helmets.

Back