Budweiser Embarrassed again...

Fine. It’s inaccurate and should be amended. The wording is key. In accepting that gays are naturally attracted to members of their own sex, one accepts that gays are normal people that aspire, love and hurt just like anyone else. That’s what homophobes are afraid of. Giving up that hatred or maybe I should say buffer between them and gay people. As far as society has come in acceptance, it still has a way to go.
Perhaps you can initiate a change to the global definition, I would say it's a fairly new definition in the books and perhaps not well thought out.

There is quite a bit of hatred towards many things in this day and age....look at how politically, religiously and morally divided people are...I've personally never seen so much division here in Canada....which is in part from a large spill over from the US.

I personally find the gay community is trying too hard to be different and not integrating into society...this in itself makes them a target for the hate groups.

Here in Canada they have all the same rights and freedoms as any other person yet still seem to need some sort of validation....when I say "they" I'm talking about the masses not individuals....I know several individuals that live their lives just like anyone else, they don't fly rainbow flags or participate in parades nor do they acknowledge "pride month" a couple of them have said to me that trying to be different, makes them different.

Perhaps you can initiate a change to the global definition, I would say it's a fairly new definition in the books and perhaps not well thought out.

There is quite a bit of hatred towards many things in this day and age....look at how politically, religiously and morally divided people are...I've personally never seen so much division here in Canada....which is in part from a large spill over from the US.

I personally find the gay community is trying too hard to be different and not integrating into society...this in itself makes them a target for the hate groups.

Here in Canada they have all the same rights and freedoms as any other person yet still seem to need some sort of validation....when I say "they" I'm talking about the masses not individuals....I know several individuals that live their lives just like anyone else, they don't fly rainbow flags or participate in parades nor do they acknowledge "pride month" a couple of them have said to me that trying to be different, makes them different.
Pretty good summation of the most of the groups. It's not enough to be accepted. Now they want the masses to change for their special interest.

I agree the grandstanding is not helpful. It’s a result of over correction, kind of like we see in the case of racial discrimination. I find it interesting that white straight people are usually the ones to call out grandstanding, having a different, maybe diluted sense of the level of discrimination incurred. Though the public outcry is not helpful, it's the people that were discriminated against's way of proclaiming "it's not right", and I can't blame them.

Last edited:
I agree the grandstanding is not helpful. It’s a result of over correction, kind of like we see in the case of racial discrimination. I find it interesting that white straight people are usually the ones to call out grandstanding, having a different, maybe diluted sense of the level of discrimination incurred. Though the public outcry is not helpful, it's the people that were discriminated against's way of proclaiming "it's not right", and I can't blame them.
I don't blame them but I don't agree with this sort of flamboyant behavior many of them adapt either.....

If they want to be accepted, they have to adapt and integrate into society instead of trying so hard to be their own entity.....

Other groups have done this with great success (at least here in Canada)......there is lots of work to be done but it can be done.

Maybe it's the people I associate with but any of the gay people I know want nothing to do with the "gay community" as they see themselves as regular people and part of the community they live in not part of a labelled community....I think their way is much better for inclusivity.

I don't blame them but I don't agree with this sort of flamboyant behavior many of them adapt either.....

If they want to be accepted, they have to adapt and integrate into society instead of trying so hard to be their own entity.....

Other groups have done this with great success (at least here in Canada)......there is lots of work to be done but it can be done.

Maybe it's the people I associate with but any of the gay people I know want nothing to do with the "gay community" as they see themselves as regular people and part of the community they live in not part of a labelled community....I think their way is much better for inclusivity.
It's not just about sexual orientation groups. That just seems to be what the current media cycle is about.

Remember that a small percentage of gay people might be causing your feelings. Loud people distort the world in a lot of parts of society.

Back