Buy gen3 or gen2?

Are you living in the "Land of the Giants" ?

Listen, I've taken a Gen 3 for a spin, and I will stick with my Gen 1 thanks very much.
Yeah, the Gen 3 is more refined and everything is in 'brand new' condition, but I just love how raw the old '99 feels and now I have the brakes and suspension sorted, it's a lovely ride.
Oh and not to mention the seating/riding position is so much more comfortable with the handlebar set-up I just want to ride it every day now . . the V-Strom is now being sold lol.
It might be that once getting to know and master a vehicle, one has no desire to change it, and that is legit. And since the busa is bound to live enough, why on earth replace it? Or shall we employ 'she', like for ships ;)?

Dear friends,

I apologize if already asked elsewhere but couldn't find anything with a simple search.
I was ready of purchasing a brand new gen3 but I noticed that the idiotic "climate" rules in Europe have suppressed the engine's power to 190 HP.
Is it non-sensical to prefer a low-mileage gen2 model, or is there any way of restoring the lost power of the gen3 without risking engine's health?
I am not a speed-addict, I only resist to the politicians...

thank you
Antonis
Does the Power matter that much? Are you ever going to go 180 mph? You said you not a speed addict. The Gen 3 bike still pulls and you always can get more horse power out of it if you want. I went from Gen 1 to 3

Almost time for a new one.........

I like the gen 3 but getting one makes zero sense for me....our riding season is short and I can only ride for so long these days before my hands hurt too much.....my mind wants to keep going but my body says no....
Helibars my friend.

Does the Power matter that much? Are you ever going to go 180 mph? You said you not a speed addict. The Gen 3 bike still pulls and you always can get more horse power out of it if you want. I went from Gen 1 to 3
Dear Jst,
My post is old (and I cannot erase it). I am the happy owner of the gen3 model since last august, and I claim it has more qualities than known: as I am maniacally train in u-turns (motogymkhana technique) only times I fell over was not because of the full-lock itself, but because I was tired/panicked once reaching it. The bike is MAGIC, it corrects the rider's mistakes, I testify that! I don't seek adrenaline in riding, I have tons of it elsewhere (yesterday freed a clogged pipe - grease and limescale - saved $ 500-600!)

Helibars my friend.
Got them and drop pegs....does very little...

I won't go with ABM or similar bars as in my opinion (for what its worth) they take away from the essence of the bike.....if the day comes that I can't stand the riding position any longer, the bike is gone.....a very simple solution....

Arthritis in my hands is my issue right now.

Back