Gen3 electrical plug and play

smithabusa

Site Sponsor
Registered
I haven't seen a gen3 in person yet, but interested to know what I can help offer from an electrical perspective plug and play. Ill need some help with pics of connectors etc. The 2 pin connector in the tail I have read that it has 12v and ground, I could definitely wire it to a relay with inline fuse for powering stuff. Curious what kind of stuff you guys are needing.

Take a look at my site to see the types of stuff I do for gen1 and gen2 busy.

Greg
BoostBySmith.com

Hey Greg , build and sell a ultra cheap Dealer Switch
Need tiny 2-pole > RED 6pins EURO 5 connector .

Info in topic : DEALER MODE / SERVICE RESET | Gen 3 Busa Information
Since we have ignition on 12v and ground there as well might as well make it a multipurpose harness for accessory power on stuff too. Add a relay and inline fuse and have all kinds of current capability in the trunk to add a fuse box or a few accessories. Ordering connectors today :)

We were talking about a way to trick the ECU out of 6th restrictions until we can edit.....my Gen I still has your modded GPS. :)
At least on the one parts fiche I can find it looks like a 4 pin connector, and they don't show a part number for anything beyond 39 on the diagram :(

Can you start the bike in neutral without pulling the clutch in?

Anyone have an actual wiring diagram yet for the 2022?

1631624442481.png

We will find out shortly.
And looking closer to the wiring diagram someone posted here, does seem it is a 4 wire setup now.

the gen1 and gen2 sensors used a 5V pullup resistor on the pink wire which then went through the GPS sensor to ground and changed the voltage for each gear, ground, and neutral indicator

Looks like the new sensor gets 5V and sensor ground like the other sensors, and then has a dedicated voltage wire out on the pink wire.

Would be cool if someone could measure with key on the voltages that each gear produce on the pink wire referenced to the sensor ground. Could be as easy as a zener diode on that wire to clamp the voltage to not go higher than 5th gear value, even put that on a switch so it reads 6th gear for normal cruising, and doesn't for super fun times.

12 is the GPS in the pic below.

Can someone get me a pic of the connector? I assume it looks just like the O2 sensor connector?

1631624861141.png

1631625100199.png

I'm available, if you can talk me through it. You have a message in your mailbox. Looks like the GPS is on the shifter side now.

Give me a shout, I can have the side faring off in a couple of minutes and we can chase down that wiring connector for you.

I knew you might have an idea on this project.

Last edited:
Your gear position sensor is four wires, but the pink is still in the loop.

I am worried that the ECU likely knows vehicle speed now. With it having ABS, and CAN, to me it would be crazy to not have it as a signal going in even if not hard wired, i couldn't find it on the docs that you sent me. I would think with all of the new controls, there is no way they aren't doing things differently depending on how fast the bike is travelling. Would need a bike to simulate speed and gps signals to see how it reacts. I could be wrong, but would almost be willing to bet a few bucks that the 186 mph limit is no longer done based on gear position.

how soon is somebody close to cracking Gen3 ECU ?

I'm keeping in contact with these folks. I got to be patient though, There's got to be thousands of us that are ready to erase all that euro five spec crap. Like the throttles closing at the top of six gear, oh please, we ride these bikes to go fast.

If we can edit, I can get rid of this electronic throttle all together.

Back