bypass clutch switch

turtlezx

Registered
Are there any other bikes besides the busa that get thrown into a different map mode with bypass ??

ive bypassed alotta bikes never heard of map change by doing so until da busa

bypass?

so remove the switch and short circuit the two cables ?

THAT doesn't make any sense
because
that massively increases the risk of the bike taking a sample of the road surface (if it tips over from the side stand after starting the engine with the gear engaged).

bypass?

so remove the switch and short circuit the two cables ?

THAT doesn't make any sense
because
that massively increases the risk of the bike taking a sample of the road surface (if it tips over from the side stand after starting the engine with the gear engaged).
I always have a good laugh when you post Frank… you put things so . . . “Delicately”
I’m loving your advance English expression too, and you’re right about the foolishness of eliminating an interlock such as a clutch switch.. they are a very helpful rider aide, no point in bypassing it at all.. is there?

@Kiwi Rider

noyes sir ur right - it is a sheer nonsense to eliminate the switch.

and thank you for the praise for my English and my attempt to translate our German humor into English.
is sometimes not easy,
but it makes a lot of sense because the content is received much better by the reader and they remember what they read better
and
if one describes something very figuratively, it's a lot easier to remember.

The clutch switch is eliminated if you change the clutch perch.
All Suzuki bikes(at least without the can bus electronics) in the last few decades operate the same way too...by stupid design...as the bike switches from neutral map to gear map with every pull...did I mention stupid design?
It's a Suzuki thing.
So, if you eliminate the clutch switch, the bike stays in the neutral map, and is down on power...unless you add a relay, which will trick the ecu into thinking that the clutch is being engaged and disengaged.
I have to do this to my '03 gsxr1k, as I put on an ASV clutch perch and lever.

Are there any other bikes besides the busa that get thrown into a different map mode with bypass ??

ive bypassed alotta bikes never heard of map change by doing so until da busa
Yes. When I first looked into it with the Busa the info I found was mostly about other models throwing a neutral / starting type map that resulted in less power.

The clutch switch is eliminated if you change the clutch perch.
All Suzuki bikes(at least without the can bus electronics) in the last few decades operate the same way too...by stupid design...as the bike switches from neutral map to gear map with every pull...did I mention stupid design?
It's a Suzuki thing.
So, if you eliminate the clutch switch, the bike stays in the neutral map, and is down on power...unless you add a relay, which will trick the ecu into thinking that the clutch is being engaged and disengaged.
I have to do this to my '03 gsxr1k, as I put on an ASV clutch perch and lever.
The old Suzukis had a mechanical slide switch for the clutch interlock.....and over time that switch would fall apart leaving one on the side of the road. But in those days you could just attach the wires together to bypass it...

I think Suzuki is the only one that has this interlock switch.

The old Suzukis had a mechanical slide switch for the clutch interlock.....and over time that switch would fall apart leaving one on the side of the road. But in those days you could just attach the wires together to bypass it...

I think Suzuki is the only one that has this interlock switch.

As far as I know they are, at least I don't know of any other Japanese bikes that change the maps based on clutch position.

Here is the relay fix info from another site

Screenshot_20240229-080354_Gallery.jpg

As far as I know they are, at least I don't know of any other Japanese bikes that change the maps based on clutch position.

Here is the relay fix info from another site

View attachment 1679426
Even in bygone eras, I believe Suzuki was one of the only manufacturers to use the clutch interlock and side stand switch.

I remember people balking at the side stand switch on my bike and then drive away with theirs down and getting a surprise the first time they went left and their side stand touched down....

just wanted to know what other bikes used it . With a map change I know most all use it but do not hinder power

so all sizes of the gsxr ??

Back