Camcorder wide angle lens

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
Gots a old digital camcorder....
gots even older lenes from previou gear...
they fit together, but now I have....

FRANKENLENS!!! [duhn duhn daaaahhh!]

So. Should I buy a brand new Sony .7x wide angle lens that is twice the radius of this mess but only ONE lens, or stick with what I got cuz I dearly love this super added wide angle?

Here's the poop:

Camera has pathetic wide mode. Bought a .5x wide angle that fits it but doesn't add much... not like my .42x fisheye - which un fortunately makes things kind curved.

Right now, the .42x fisheye is screwed onto the .5x wide angle which is screwed onto camera. So, what am I ending up with and is a .7x wide a lot LESS than what I am doing by adding two wide angles? ? ? ? you can see my mess below:

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149374545 -->

pic6.JPG

just camera, NO lenses. You can see it does't capture much - like those cycle videos where all you see is the white line and it feels like it's moving so slow. Wide angle give you side speed perspective as well as first person feeling and view.

So, if I waste money on a Sony .7X, I am guessing I would not get as wide a view as my setup. ? ? ?

pic4.JPG

no uber camera geeks in da house? do people still say "in da house" or is that soooo 90's?

The second shot looks much brighter and a bit clearer, not as dramatic as the as the first pic, but the first shot with both lenses looks dull and not worth the extra angle I think the sony might have a cleaner shot but not as wide as with the fish eye like ya have now....I got a sony and the first thing i did was get the wide angle for it works good for me...mines not the .7x though......not much help I know
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the input. The sun peeked out for the last two shots making the first one a lil darker
smile.gif

The idiot camera shop won't let me return the lens if I buy it and A) it doesn't fit B) doesn't provide better/more of what I have now. Just looking for any info/advice

Back