Daniel Durant

viceland GIF by The Therapist

I know he was banned here several times but I just wanted everyone to know that he passed away in the end of July.

I don’t know what happened to him but his obituary can be found online.

Like him or not he tried to help people from themselves and was only 41 years old. Crazy.
I just seen this , but I was informed by his Mother yesterday after contact attempt . I had just told @michael parris heuberger about this .
We , Dan and I , became friends , through our love of bikes , and fast machines in general . This connection overcame any difference of opinion we might have had on any other issue , which there were a few...lol . I will miss Dan's advice on turbo and supercharge knowledge , I think he be happy I scored a H2 , as long as I fit an intercooler.... . He was an extremely hard worker and determined to achieve his set goals . Admirable dedication , that made the 600whp Ultra his own after extensive sorting , man it is now one very tuff streeter .
I am not religious , so I will say only this , shine on Dan , stay in peace .

I just seen this , but I was informed by his Mother yesterday after contact attempt . I had just told @michael parris heuberger about this .
We , Dan and I , became friends , through our love of bikes , and fast machines in general . This connection overcame any difference of opinion we might have had on any other issue , which there were a few...lol . I will miss Dan's advice on turbo and supercharge knowledge , I think he be happy I scored a H2 , as long as I fit an intercooler.... . He was an extremely hard worker and determined to achieve his set goals . Admirable dedication , that made the 600whp Ultra his own after extensive sorting , man it is now one very tuff streeter .
I am not religious , so I will say only this , shine on Dan , stay in peace .
He snuck back on the site a couple of times but was caught both times...

He was a character...

Sad to hear, belated condolences.

I remember him well, he had quite a bit of fun getting the turbo sorted out.

Anyone know what happened?
Frank @ Powerhouse mainly got it sorted for Dan , maybe more people were involved as well , not real sure . Dan was still adding things to that bike , he was about to get full Ohlins for it . Frank had dyno'd it at 550 whp with more to come but Dan didnt want to try the extra boost (up his sleeve) just yet . He had a lot of updates like Brembo GP4RX nickle coated calipers for example , and updated new wheels , added to his bike , it certainly wasnt the same bike he bought , he and Frank truly got it going reliably fast . Last I heard , any spare time he been riding / testing it , with lots of forays tapping into the bikes serious top speed , as well as standing start launches and rolls through the gears to set the chassis up . I know he loved riding that bike and he was getting used to its wild temperatement . He was also the proud owner of that new C8 Corvette , sure liked his fast vehicles .

It’s sad that anyone dies at such a young age but I don’t recall anyone (ever) saying good things about him or defending him in re: his posts here. Everyone seemed to like his ‘new’ bike but even then, most seemed to rag on him for buying a bike and getting taken in the process. I never knew those details but apparently he got taken pretty badly in the deal.

It’s sad that anyone dies at such a young age but I don’t recall anyone (ever) saying good things about him or defending him in re: his posts here. Everyone seemed to like his ‘new’ bike but even then, most seemed to rag on him for buying a bike and getting taken in the process. I never knew those details but apparently he got taken pretty badly in the deal.
I personally felt there was mutual dislike between Dan and myself , for a fair time , at least for the first several months , on the org. But , over time , both he and I got over some of the more abrasive mutual behavior , to instead concentrate on mostly , just our opinions and knowledge on motorcycles . I had some back and forth with him as did some others , but we got through it to just become a couple of like minded dudes , who enjoyed talking fast motorcycles and cars . I know that a couple of the fellas on here also were in touch with Dan to some degree after his banning for same reasons .
I also realize you both were not ever on best of terms , but everyone's experience is his own . We all got love of motorcycles in common , I for one aim to continue to make the most of what I been dealt , I guess , while I am still able .

I found him ridiculous, irritating, and funny. He also helped me build the busa or specifically paint it. If you recall he was a Frank fanboy and that turned out to be a good call. We talked back and forth and he was a different guy on another Suzuki site. I still believe he felt that Hayabusa.org was an old man's site, and he thought it could be much more and even bigger. He could never understand Captain wanted this to be a family as opposed to the undisputed master site for all things Busa.

I also don't get people on the internet who think your relationships with people here should be just like real friends. People use forums for an escape, and the personalities you meet here are always fantasy to some extent. Do you think the good guys on here are all really good guys? Haha. Don't get me wrong, Captain has made this a site with real people who can qualify as real friends (busa Bash), but there are a lot of members here who you wouldn't even recognize in real life. So I sort of take things with a grain of salt and sometimes, as was the case with Dan, just play along.

In the end, Dan was a guy who loved motorcycles and was trying to figure it all out. He was a poster boy for the saying that "guards spend their lives in prison too." It was clear in his worldview, which in no small part influenced his approach to the org. It was all too Pleasantville for him around here.

Anyway, it's a shame he went so young. I can't say he was a friend but I did enjoy being annoyed by him. The fights he picked with some here were very clever (I think he had or was working on a psychology degree). I would watch his moves and try to guess how many posts it would go before there was an explosion, haha.

R.I.P. Mr. Durant.

He snuck back on the site a couple of times but was caught both times...

He was a character...
He bad mouthed the site. Bad mouthed people on the site. Yet repeatedly tried to come back. His dysfunction proceeds him.. If he would have kept his mouth shut and stuck with talking bike talk, and read up on the word "civil"he may have been able to stay here longer. Instead he returns with specific intent to be the opposite.

He definitely had some issues.

Sometimes when they use the term Rest In Peace, it's because they didn't do very well at living in peace. It's the most gracious thing we can offer them. Enjoy your peace.

He bad mouthed the site. Bad mouthed people on the site. Yet repeatedly tried to come back. His dysfunction proceeds him.. If he would have kept his mouth shut and stuck with talking bike talk, and read up on the word "civil"he may have been able to stay here longer. Instead he returns with specific intent to be the opposite.

He definitely had some issues.

Sometimes when they use the term Rest In Peace, it's because they didn't do very well at living in peace. It's the most gracious thing we can offer them. Enjoy your peace.
"Bridge burning 101"

I found him ridiculous, irritating, and funny. He also helped me build the busa or specifically paint it. If you recall he was a Frank fanboy and that turned out to be a good call. We talked back and forth and he was a different guy on another Suzuki site. I still believe he felt that Hayabusa.org was an old man's site, and he thought it could be much more and even bigger. He could never understand Captain wanted this to be a family as opposed to the undisputed master site for all things Busa.

I also don't get people on the internet who think your relationships with people here should be just like real friends. People use forums for an escape, and the personalities you meet here are always fantasy to some extent. Do you think the good guys on here are all really good guys? Haha. Don't get me wrong, Captain has made this a site with real people who can qualify as real friends (busa Bash), but there are a lot of members here who you wouldn't even recognize in real life. So I sort of take things with a grain of salt and sometimes, as was the case with Dan, just play along.

In the end, Dan was a guy who loved motorcycles and was trying to figure it all out. He was a poster boy for the saying that "guards spend their lives in prison too." It was clear in his worldview, which in no small part influenced his approach to the org. It was all too Pleasantville for him around here.

Anyway, it's a shame he went so young. I can't say he was a friend but I did enjoy being annoyed by him. The fights he picked with some here were very clever (I think he had or was working on a psychology degree). I would watch his moves and try to guess how many posts it would go before there was an explosion, haha.

R.I.P. Mr. Durant.
Excellent synopsis!
Sadly the old days, before Dan, when we all got together in either Eureka, or Robbins are no more.

Dan had a degree in Political Science.

Back