Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DID, EK, or Tsubaki

Z-Faucon

Registered
Which chain will provide the longest wear with the least stretch ? For a stock K8 set up.
DID ZVM 530 X-Ring Gold
EK Gold ZZZ 520
Tsubaki ?

ZZZ 530
Posted via Mobile Device

the zzz 530 its the best chain on the market right now

except the ZZZ is NOT compatible with the Vortex or AFAM sprocket lines... (as per sprocket manufactures) Supersprox tri-metal works fantastic..

EK ZZZ work very well as long as you have proper tension on your chain all should be fine.

I know people running that set up with no problem.

Regina chain came out a new chain and that is Z ring chain check them out.I went to their booth at Bike asia.

except the ZZZ is NOT compatible with the Vortex or AFAM sprocket lines... (as per sprocket manufactures) Supersprox tri-metal works fantastic..
dont know where that came from...a 530 is a 530 is a 530 its not like the pitch suddenly changed or something...lol....i have this chain and vortex sprockets and over 6 k miles on them...0 problems! maybe vortex and afam just dont get along with the fellows over at ek or they are prejudice..lol

vortex has contracts with rk and regina..its probably the only reason why you found that info..if you go to their web site you will see that they sell rk and regina through vortex racing which oddly enough are the 2 cheapest chains out there..they weight the most and have the least tensile strength
Vortex Racing Components - Sprockets, Handlebars, Rear Sets...

EK Motorcycle & ATV Chain

I have found chain and sprocket kits sold with vortex and ek

Last edited:
here you go

zzzcomparo.gif

the ZZZ and Tsubaki Sigma are the best chains both offer good life as long as they are taken care of :beerchug:

EK ZZZ is not compatible with Vortex?
I wiped out an AFAM in 7K and a Vortex in under 8K running the ZZZ chain (was beginning to fishhook the teeth)..

Now if you do not mind changing sprockets every 6-8K miles, you can quit reading here.. Me? I got 25K out of my stock sprocket and it was still in great shape. I am not going to hang a part on my bike that needs such constant attention as such a critical point.. I would be buying 3 or 4 sprockets a season and I do not like that idea one bit. I do not race and the extra weight of the steel sprocket does not bug me a bit.. The wear does bother me.. I may put on 1000 miles a week during the riding season..

I CALLED Vortex directly and talked to them about this.. And they told me

"Our sprockets are not compatible with the ZZZ chain due to the lack of stretch. Our sprockets are designed for a chain that will stretch approx. .002 per link. IF you run the EK chain, it will prematurely wear out our aluminum sprockets. The other brands of chain are just fine and you should see normal sprocket wear with them"

I thanked them and ordered the the stealth trimetal sprocket (Thank you to Greg at HPC for the hookup) .. that was 4K ago and is still brand new looking. Of course your riding habits may be different from mine and that could have something to do with wear... but I am a little old lady that hates getting my hands dirty working on the bike any more than necessary.. :laugh:

Last edited:
that is very good advise Randy, maybe when I change I will run the zzz chain and the tri metal sprockets! I havent had any problems...I ride as much as you do, but I also know you ride alot harder then I do too..how was that swing you hung up over the weekend?
:poke:

I run the RK chain sets and have never had a problem.

Charles at StreetNTrack is who I always got mine from, I think they sponsor this site.

Top Bottom