Engine life expectancy

yes, both the places - mumbai and b'lore are fullly crowded.chennai is getting worse every day...

I've seen 150,000 US miles (240,000 km) on one. It takes a lot of seat time and dedication to get that many miles on anything with 2 wheels. Also, most bikes are crashed and totaled long before they make it that far. At 100,000 miles, I've still have not needed to adjust the valves, They've been checked every 15,000 miles and are still in spec. I only run full synthetic oil which may make a difference. If you are touring, you can get tires that will last 12,000 kms on the Busa.

Where are you located in India? We have other members in India that may be able to help with local questions.

i live down south, in chennai.
its hot and humid, most part of the year.the heat here is much dreaded.well this makes me to think if hard riding is still required to keep the engine hot?would babying be okay now? sorry for coming round again to this point and appreciate your patience..
i would nt go to one of the mechanics i met (wouldnt wanna mention the name), but he convinced me to change spark plugs during every oil change(that too every 5000 kms!).when i came back and read the manual, i knew he was wrong.so would nt trust him for parts either, sure he 'd rip me..

Just saw this thread. Simply put , if properly maintained the engine will far outlive any other part be it electricals , body etc of the bike . As others mentioned , it takes a huge amount of skill and dedication to reach a level where one can breach the life expectancy of the hayabusa engine.
The bike is definitely not expensive to maintain but dont expect it to be as cheap as your previous commuter. Regular expenses will inlclude gas ( obvious) and tyres. The service interval in India for the busa is 4000 kms or 4 months which ever is early. Average service will run you by Rs 7000 give or take a few.
Buying a used is always dicey in India due to the whole illegal import nexus we had back in the days. Take someone with you who understand the bike better to be on the safer side.
Electricals are very reliable. I have clocked 30,000 kms on my 2011 doing all weather touring and till not the only problem i have faced is a fried horn.
Coming to the parts. you can order them from site sponsors directly for most things. Great bunch of folks to deal with and very helpful.

I bought my 03 Hayabusa with 3000 miles, sold it with 23,000 miles. The only service I ever did was change oil and filter every 4000 miles, 2 rear tires, 1 front tire, oiled and adjusted chain, and cleaned air filter. And it got 45-50 mpg unless I was having too much fun. the new owner had it apart to put new clutch in (didn't need it) and he said it looked like new inside. So, from 3000 to 23000 miles, it maybe cost 1 tire more than any other bike. And got almost as good fuel mileage as any other big bike. Expecting the same (plus more power, better looks) with my new-to-me 2011.

The slight extra cost owning a Hayabusa is well worth the fun factor. The power is cool, even if you're not abusing it. Buy one.

Reliability is not a Busa's concern. Change oil frequently are you will keep it forever, unless you get easily bored as I do:)

you can buy an engine off eBay.com for $1600.00USD plus shipping mine has 139,000 miles on an 02 Canadian unrestricted busa.my 2nd gear went out about 6000 miles ago but Ijust shift passed it. I road 419 miles yesterday on it!

Back