Ft. Polk, LA...

Yelp, polk was my last duty assignment. let me say this was my wifes first impression. we had just pulled into what would be downtown leesville she looks me in the face and asked how long we would be here and started to cry. needless to say my 28 months of ft polk was challengening.
Pros:
are you falling under OPS GROUP if so then you'll have plenty of time off between rotations. do you like hunting and fishing? if so then great places to do both. if not then you'll start hunting and fishing.
pretty good suzuki shop just out side the main gate. lil old dude running the place is a stand up guy.
Cons:
SOOOOOOOO far away from everything. Alexdrania 1hr away, Lake Charles 1.5 hrs, Houston 2.5-3 hrs, Baton Rogue 2.5-3 hrs, New Orleans 3-3.5 hrs.
the roads SUX i mean SUX make sure your suspen is set.
ALSO make sure you secure your bike even on post. thats where my TLR was jacked from. G
good luck and make the most outa it. Bring plenty of OFF

Lake Charles is a good place to go for the night life.

Watch out for the red **** headed wood pecker, you will hear a million and one times about the and their habitat.

lol It's Red Cockaded Woodpecker... and yes they REALLY take those lil guys seriously... if you find one dead just run away... fast. Same goes in NC near Bragg... the woods are crawling with forestry rangers whispering "shhh you'll disturb the woodpeckers" but last I heard there was plenty of female entertainment and the rest of the regular "near post stuff" ... good luck and all that. Remember... eat more pork, it's the only way to celebrate early for Ramadan.:whistle:
V

I was at Ft Polk from 2003 to 2006 and being from GA myself I can say it's HOT down there at Polk. I was with the 509th and would start sweating waiting for formation in the mornings. It's really good if you like fishing. Have fun and watch out for the little black bugs flying around in the summer.

Lake Charles is a good place to go for the night life.

Watch out for the red **** headed wood pecker, you will hear a million and one times about the and their habitat.

lol It's Red Cockaded Woodpecker... and yes they REALLY take those lil guys seriously... if you find one dead just run away... fast. Same goes in NC near Bragg... the woods are crawling with forestry rangers whispering "shhh you'll disturb the woodpeckers" but last I heard there was plenty of female entertainment and the rest of the regular "near post stuff" ... good luck and all that. Remember... eat more pork, it's the only way to celebrate early for Ramadan.:whistle:
V

Female intertainment? If you wanna call it that. Maybe you are referring to the hoasis, or the likes. yuk puke, yuk puke yuk puke. Went to my first strip club at Ft. Polk, needless to say that ruined it for the rest of my life, havent been back to one since.

I was at Ft Polk from 2003 to 2006 and being from GA myself I can say it's HOT down there at Polk. I was with the 509th and would start sweating waiting for formation in the mornings. It's really good if you like fishing. Have fun and watch out for the little black bugs flying around in the summer.

oh the "love bugs" I hate those stupid things. Horrid on your windshields and front of vehicles..

Back