Gas tank prop rod

wv rider

Registered
I have a 1st gen Busa and was wondering if anyone has seen a prop rod to hold the tank up during maintenance. I don't like taking the tank off and am getting tired of holding it up with one hand while changing plugs with the other.

I guess it figures. I got mine used, 950 miles, about 1 1/2 years ago. No prop rod under the hump. thanks though. I guess i'll either find one or make one.

I guess it figures. I got mine used, 950 miles, about 1 1/2 years ago. No prop rod under the hump. thanks though. I guess i'll either find one or make one.

Might call the stealership and see if they have any they are willing to part with on the cheap. It shouldn't be hard to make one if need be. I'll PM you with a pic and measurements if you like.

if you lost the rod put the grab bar on and use a strap from the bolt wholes in the tank to the bar... I'm not just a hat rack kids..

I used a 1" piece of pvc cut to size,proped between air cleaner and tank,worked like a charm and cost like $.28

I use piece of 1x12 thats about the right length just cause thats whats there and i dont feel like popping the hump.

Back