Hayabusa won’t start

So I have a 1999 Hayabusa and I am having issues starting it. There are no codes that show. The timing and compression on the engine are beautiful! But when I try to start it it gets a couple pops out but never actually starts. Sometimes there will be a massive back fire from the exhausts. Can anyone help me?

So I have a 1999 Hayabusa and I am having issues starting it. There are no codes that show. The timing and compression on the engine are beautiful! But when I try to start it it gets a couple pops out but never actually starts. Sometimes there will be a massive back fire from the exhausts. Can anyone help me?
Welcome… check fuel flow rate to the fuel pump (From the tank) and check fuel pressure from the pump to the injectors.
The 99 has an external fuel pump and they need regular fuel system servicing, prone to blockage and heating causing cavitation and poor running… be sure to have the pump wrapped in heat insulation foam.
I have a 99 model and I’ve been thru it all, but it’s now 100pc reliable and runs really well.
If your fuel system checks out ok, next thing to check is the coils and plugs.
Good luck on your journey!
Use the search function here on the forum… there is virtually any technical info you’re looking for here, and a wealth of knowledge and best of all, experience!

Back