Helmet Hook

ratwell

Registered
This is how I secured my helmet to my GSX-R1000:

BF878BF4-9161-4AA1-BD80-0BC16481F5A1.jpeg

On the Gen. 3 Suzuki has change this from metal to plastic and mounted it on the underside of the pillion which seems a step backwards:

FD73CDA8-7B68-40A4-872B-D0864A64A72B.jpeg

The cowl is even worse: no hook at all!

370C2219-B6AB-45F1-98C0-1C2E344EF3A9.jpeg

Hmmm…

So you have to hold the helmet on the seat while you put the seat back on. That is awkward. ...and if you have the hump on, you carry your helmet.

I'll bet there's some bolts under there you can fab up a short cable that will hold the helmet strap. Kawasaki does that but they have a helmet lock on the frame too. I could show you a picture but I don't want to put Kawasaki stuff on the busa forum and confuse anyone..

Sad that on a new bike you have to fab up anything...

I guess Suzuki felt you only need a second helmet if you have a passenger seat on...????

At least the other generations have the steel hook on the frame so it doesn't matter which part you have in place....like you mentioned, @ratwell a step backwards....

I never used it either. I don't even know where it is on my Gen2 but when I find it, I will take it off if it's not welded.

I went to go to lunch yesterday on the bike and rememebered this thread about no hook. I most definitely need to find a solution sooner than later, I'd much rather leave it on the bike when going to eat.

I would think there should be something useable at most hardware stores, drill a hole in it, whatever, and bolt it under one of the bolts under the passenger seat.
Personally I don't like to leave my helmet to cook in the sun anyway, and there's no room to lock up gloves...so I always carry them with me.

I would think there should be something useable at most hardware stores, drill a hole in it, whatever, and bolt it under one of the bolts under the passenger seat.
Personally I don't like to leave my helmet to cook in the sun anyway, and there's no room to lock up gloves...so I always carry them with me.

As soon as I hit send, I actually put a bit of thought into what I said and realized it's a super easy fix.

I wondered if there was room for a pair of short gloves in there. We need the trashcan mod ASAP!

As soon as I hit send, I actually put a bit of thought into what I said and realized it's a super easy fix.

I wondered if there was room for a pair of short gloves in there. We need the trashcan mod ASAP!
If a trunkmod isn't done by the time I get a gen3...I will be doing that one too.
I already looked over the gen3 I sat on, and it looked like there was plenty of space to be had in the undertail.

Odd we are talking about a bike as expensive as this one and there is no helmet hook....I wonder why Suzuki omitted the one they had on the gen 2?

If a trunkmod isn't done by the time I get a gen3...I will be doing that one too.
I already looked over the gen3 I sat on, and it looked like there was plenty of space to be had in the undertail.

Same here, I very much miss having all that space. I do not know if I'm just use to having all the room from the trashcan mod or this tail has less room than the Gen2, I haven't actually tried to fit anything in mine yet. I believe I can fit my short gloves in there, not too sure about my long gloves.

The trashcan mod does seem doable on the Gen3 though, least little bit I've looked.

Same here, I very much miss having all that space. I do not know if I'm just use to having all the room from the trashcan mod or this tail has less room than the Gen2, I haven't actually tried to fit anything in mine yet. I believe I can fit my short gloves in there, not too sure about my long gloves.

The trashcan mod does seem doable on the Gen3 though, least little bit I've looked.
It will probably be a little more involved on the gen3 to gain useable space.
I didn't take the rear seat off, but from the pictures I've seen, possibly some wiring or plug mounts, and maybe an abs pump mount, depending how far forward the potential trunk space can go.
I would like room for two 1 liter water bottles with space for guanlet gloves above it.
That was the depth of my final gen2 trunk(originally it would fit a gallon of milk on it's side, lol).
That was room enough for one 1 liter water bottle, my air compressor, plug kit and tools, and still get guantlet gloves on top.
From what I saw looking underneath the gen3, I think it's doable.
I should have patented the gen2 trunk mod, lol.

Bikes not that expensive IMHO, check bike prices, there’s helmet hooks under the rear seat. No hooks if ur running the hump.
$21k otd is more than I planned on paying.
I was of the pre-covid mindset, where I bought any bike otd for less than retail, so $18k ish.
$3k buys a full exhaust, and future dyno and flash, along with several other small mods...
I'm still looking, I will get one.

$21k otd is more than I planned on paying.
I was of the pre-covid mindset, where I bought any bike otd for less than retail, so $18k ish.
$3k buys a full exhaust, and future dyno and flash, along with several other small mods...
I'm still looking, I will get one.
I paid 18K in late June ‘21, traded my ‘18 in on it, from memory had to pay $3K , first 3 services and a whole bunch of freebies included. Still waiting on my leather riding jacket …… just got two very nice mugs I wasn’t even expecting. No complaints

Back