HID Cutting Off

naynay

Registered
I have a set of HID lights w/ digital balast. I installed the relay as posted. But sometimes if i get on the throttle hard sometimes the light cuts off. i have a few things pulling power but just a couple of solenoids and a power com. i was wondering if i need to run an extra battery. ill be adding underbody lights soon. just wondering if im pulling to much power when the bike is under a load. if anybody can help please do....THANX

Sometimes mine tries to come on but turns back off... gotta restart the bike to get it to come on. Might not be what your talking about?

i doesnt always do it. just seems like when i ride hard. rolling burn outs it always cuts off. ive pulled out to pass and got on it and it went out.

Thats scary since it could be dark when this happens... Keep us posted, im going to think about this for a while and see what I come up with. Might want to look at the switch that controls the headlight off function during start-up? Does your bike have that function, I know some years didn't.

ya its scary its happend a few times. no my bike does not have that switch. it never happened with stock lights thats why i thoughtg it could be a power draw issue,,

Sounds like you have a bad connection. I have mine on a switch and relay and no problem. All my connections are soldered, and my main power and ground are coming directly from the battery. Check your connection that you're using to power the up the relay. I used the positve side of the headlight switch.

Like the others have said, it sounds like something is loose somewhere. You need to go over all of your connections, the only thing that would cause something like that to go out would be a loose connection or short somewhere.

If the light doesn't go out with the bike revved while sitting still, but does it under acceleration than I would think something is shifting or moving around.

Good luck.

bump.gif

Sometimes mine tries to come on but turns back off... gotta restart the bike to get it to come on. Might not be what your talking about?

this happens to me alot all of a sudden too. and yes... nightime is fun having to throw the key while holding the clutch to re-start.... just waiting for a cop to pull me over to have to explain THAT!

I have a set of HID lights w/ digital balast. I installed the relay as posted. But sometimes if i get on the throttle hard sometimes the light cuts off. i have a few things pulling power but just a couple of solenoids and a power com. i was wondering if i need to run an extra battery. ill be adding underbody lights soon. just wondering if im pulling to much power when the bike is under a load. if anybody can help please do....THANX

The HIDs actually use less power than the factory lights. This includes in rush current.

Back